Shut Your Mouth When I'm Talking To You

Chapter Twelve

Chapter 12

He decided to not think about it and hope the final week went slowly.
Unfortunately, all good things must come to an end.
The rest of the week was spent staying at Meike’s, parties at the Way’s, and lots of second and third breakfasts. And before anyone realized where the time had gone, it was the day before school.

Meike was at home getting all her books and school things ready when she heard the door opening and adult laughter.
She went downstairs to see her parents all brown and glowing from, God knows where overseas.
“Meike!!!!!” Her mother yelled extending her arms. “Darling!!! Oh we’ve missed you so!!”
Meike seriously doubted that, but instead she forced a smile to match her mothers and said.
“Really? Ah well how was your holiday?”
“It was wonderful da-arling!!” Meike’s Mother said with the extra emphasis on darling.

Meike’s mother was always being overly dramatic, she was the stereotype of a rich middle-aged woman and Meike knew that her mother wished they were more like each other.
Not going to happen.
Meike’s Mother, noticing that Meike’s interest was dwindling, quickly informed her daughter that they had two lots of very exciting news.

She passed Meike several bags. There were, surprisingly, some quite unique things but the rest was all preppy, clone-like clothing that Meike would never wear. She thanked her parents while mentally separating the clothes she would keep and the ones she would sell at the second hand shop, she always visited after her parents vacations.

Meike picked up the bags and started to walk upstairs.
She stopped suddenly midd-way and turned to her Mother.
“Wait, you said there were two piece of good news.” Meike reminded her Mother.
For a second Meike’s mothers grin faltered slightly.
“Ah well, yes that.” Her Father piped up.
“While we were at the hotel, we met an extremely successful couple, and they were telling us how what school your child goes to is very important in your social standing.”
Meike had to refrain from rolling her eyes, her parents were such snobs.
“And when we asked what school were, aah ‘acceptable’ they told us that St Vincent’s Private School had an excellent name.”
“What are you getting at?” Meike said slowly, already half-guessing what was coming next.
“Well darling…..” Her Father said, “We have enrolled you. And we know that you will miss your friends at Evergreen, but in the long run, going to such a high class school with a good name will be much better.” He finished.

Before Meike could say anything, Meike’s Mother informed her that a uniform was in the brown paper bag with the other clothes. Then both parents quickly moved to the living room, away from their daughter.

Meike stared after her parents, not quite believing what she was hearing. She slowly made her way up to her room and had a look at the uniform.
Several thoughts were going through her mind as she looked at the Private school uniform.
“New school?!?! PRIVATE SCHOOL!?!?! Friends from Evergreen…..? Those losers? God, my parents don’t know the first thing about me.”
Meike threw the uniform onto the floor and then got into bed.
A new school…….. a uniform……
Tomorrow should be an interesting day…….