Shut Your Mouth When I'm Talking To You

Chapter Eighteen

It wasn’t until she heard the door to the bathroom swing open that she realized she had been feeling sorry for herself for the past ten minutes.

Slowly opening the door she saw the girl she had met earlier, Polly, pulling globs of paper out of her hair.
Polly turned around, saw Meike and muttered, mostly to her self,
“Fucking losers, think they own the school….”
Meike reached out to help Polly take one of the many spit gobs out or her hair but Polly ducked out of reach.
“Poison doesn’t need help.”
Meike awkwardly stood to the side and watched Polly remove the remainder of the paper from her hair.

Once she had finished she turned to Meike,
“So only been here less than half a day and you’ve acquired quite the reputation,” she said.
Meike started to defend herself, but stopped as she noticed the amused expression crossing Polly’s face.
Meike sighed,
“Well it doesn’t help that I look like a skank.”

She told Polly what her mother had done to her uniform.

“Hmmmmmm,” Polly had a thoughtful look on, she dug around her pocket and found a safety pin, they used this to act as a top button.
Polly then got her scissors and let down the hem of Meike’s skirt.
Meike looked at herself in the mirror and smiled.
“Better, much better.”
She turned back to Polly, “What else?”
Polly pulled a vivid out of her pencil case.
The remainder of the period was spent decorating the new hem of Meike’s skirt in a checkerboard pattern that turned into skulls and traveled up the seam. On the blazer was the school logo, a lion, Polly drew sunglasses on Meike’s lion and said that the lions didn’t need eyes. They had sonar.