Shut Your Mouth When I'm Talking To You

Chapter Nineteen

The Bell went and Polly informed Meike it was now lunch.

The two girls walked out to the field where the majority of the schools were all meeting for lunch.
As they rounded a corner they saw a fellow student yelling at a teacher.
“Nah screw this, its completely unnecessary for you to do this to me! It’s my top! Mine! So back of lady!”
The teacher looked shocked.
“Now come on Helen, no need to make a scene”
The girl, whose long black dreadlocks covered her face, pulled off her ‘Ramones’ t-shirt and shoved it in her bag.
“My names Charlie! I already told you! Fuck OFF!”
“EXCUSE ME?” the teacher yelled.
“I said ‘far out’ miss, far out…”

The girl stormed away and the teacher ran off in the other direction, probably to report her.
The girls continued walking.
“Poison likes Charlie,” muttered Polly.

Meike stared out to the field that stretched in front of her. It seemed almost the whole school was sitting there, either at tables or in circles on the ground.

She scanned the area for the guys but before she could find them, two clones appeared in front of her, and she was suddenly being ushered over to Bridget’s group, amidst jealous stares from several girls in other groups.

When she got over to the table Bridget stood up and unhurriedly gave Meike a peck on either cheek. She flicked her glossy blonde hair over one shoulder and looked at Meike in that same judging yet approving way, from the morning.

“So, I trust you found your way around the school ok.” Bridget said.
Meike cringed, she sounded just like her mother.
“Uh, its been fine so far….” Meike replied, looking for an excuse to leave.
Bridget turned to her group at their table,
“Well don’t just sit there, introduce yourselves.”
People started to murmur their names, but Bridget soon dismissed them with an uninterested flick of the hand.
She turned back to Meike who had an amused look on her face.
“What?” Bridget asked.
Meike had just noticed a guy sitting with Bridget’s group who appeared to have a broken nose.
Meike pointed to him and smirked,
“What happened to him?”
“Oh, do you mean Chris?” Bridget asked, “He got in a big fight last week. Against five guys. All he got was a broken nose and sore inner leg, isn’t he brave?”
Chris looked up, at Meike. A look of recognition flashed across his face, whatever he was eating suddenly got caught in his throat and he started having a coughing fit.
He finally stopped choking, took another look at Meike, whose look of amusement was now a full blown grin, went bright red and grabbed his bag then hurried off.
Bridget gave him a weird look but soon got over it and faced Meike once again.
“Anyway, come sit.”
Bridget waved her hand and two clones instantly separated making a space.
Meike widened her eyes,
“Like puppets….” She murmured to herself.
The clones gave Meike a confused look.

Meike looked over to where Polly was standing, with an eyebrow raised.
She also noticed about half the school was watching her, and watching Bridget’s group.
“Oh, well actually I have some friends who I’m sitting with instead, you see that girl?”
Meike pointed to Polly who scowled at Bridget,
“Yea I would rather sit with her, thanks.”
Bridget gave Polly, who was now almost bearing her teeth, an alarmed look. Then what Meike said, sunk in.

Bridget raised her eyebrows in a ‘you’ve got to be kidding me’ way.
But Meike just smiled and walked off quickly, she figured Bridget wasn’t rejected much, if ever, and she didn’t really want to know how Bridget would react once she got over her apparent surprise.

Meike went over to Polly, looked across the field, found the guys sitting in the corner of the field under the shade of the trees, and the two walked over to them.