Shut Your Mouth When I'm Talking To You

Chapter Twenty One

Meike was happy to learn that Frank and Polly were in her math class and that she had Physics and Bio with Mikey.
After the bell rang for the end of the day, Mikey and Meike who had just had Bio together, walked out of the school and down the steps of the main building.
As Meike noticed people being picked up in their shiny convertibles, she realized she had no way home.

She opened her mouth to tell Mikey, but promptly closed it again as a loud spluttering engine was heard and an old run-down car parked by the entrance. Gerard honked the horn and got several dirty looks from Mercedes driving parents and students around him.
“Need a ride?!” Gerard said to Meike as he got out of the car and lent against the bonnet.
Meike laughed at Gerard’s obvious pride over his car.
“Absolutely,” She said taking her bag off her back.
Suddenly she heard someone call her name. She turned around and saw Bridget walking towards her. Meike rolled her eyes, what did Bridget want now?
“We’re leaving now,” Bridget demanded as she came up to Meike.
She snatched Meike’s bag out of her hand and pointed towards a silver Audi convertible across the street,
“That’s my car, let’s go.”
Bridget took a few steps and then stopped, realizing Meike wasn’t following.
She turned back to Meike, beginning to get annoyed.
“Come on, we’re leaving.”

Frank, who had just come out through the gates, went up to Meike and casually put his arm around her shoulders.
“Meike already has a ride, thanks.” He said icily.
Bridget narrowed her eyes; she glanced towards Gerard’s car and let out a bark of laughter.
“You’re joking!? Your going in THAT, with THEM?” she asked Meike incredulously.
Meike raised an eyebrow,
“Why not?” she said with a hint of venom in her voice.
“Cause they are like, fucking emo/goth freaks! Duh!” Bridget stated matter of factly.
“Now come on, let’s GO.”

Bridget was determined; Meike had to give her that.

Gerard went up to Bridget and grabbed Meike’s bag off her,
“Well this ‘fucking emo/goth freak’ is taking her home.”
And with that Mikey, Gerard, Frank, Meike and Ray all turned their backs on Bridget and squeezed into Gerard’s car.
They turned the radio up really loud, and speed off, Leaving a very pissed off looking Bridget behind.