Shut Your Mouth When I'm Talking To You

Chapter Twenty Eight

Sitting in the tree by her window was Frank.
Meike recovered from her shock and flung open the window and a very proud looking Frank climbed in.
“What the hell do you think you were doing!!” She yelled, her heart still beating crazily in her chest.
“I texted you, and you never replied so I thought I’d come visit.” He said pulling a leaf out of his hair.
Meike realised her phone was still downstairs; she went down to the kitchen. Sure enough she had a message from Frank along with two from Mikey, one from Gerard, one from Polly and one from Bridget. Meike groaned as she was reminded of the party the next night.
Frank looked at her questionably, and she explained to him her situation.
“Damn, that sucks,” He said sympathetically.
Meike sighed and got her self a drink.
The phone rang, it was Polly. Meike invited her around and she arrived within fifteen minutes. The rest of the night was spent the three of them eating popcorn and watching “Donnie Darko” which Polly had brought round. Eventually Frank and Polly decided they should get going before Meike’s parents got home. Meike fare welled them both and headed up to bed.

The next day went way too quickly for Meike’s liking and suddenly, it was almost time to leave for the party.
Meike put on her favorite black skinny leg jeans, her chucks and a t-shirt. She went down the stairs. Her mother glared at her outfit and shoved a top into Meike’s arms.
“You can at least wear this,” She said.
Meike decided it was best not to argue and put on the top, it was backless and had sequins along the front, and was a kaki green.
Meike’s mother ushered a reluctant Meike into the hired Audi and drove her to Bridget’s.
Meike got out of the car and groaned as her mother stayed to make sure she went in.
As she entered the front door she was met by a very loud R&B thumping through the walls, people practically having sex in the foyer and millions of short skirted, blonde clones. She glanced around at her surroundings and was suddenly ambushed by a bunch of very tipsy clones.
“Meike!! We’re SO glad you made it!” They screamed above the unbearable music.
They grabbed her arms and she was suddenly being dragged into the main room.
As she was pulled over to the couch by Bridget, she snatched a beer from a nearby table and downed it in almost three gulps amidst encouraging cheers,

It was going to be a long night.

Through the night Meike was sitting on a couch trying to remain invisible with her drink.
Unfortunately a few of the clones spotted her and suddenly Bridget and all of her ‘group’ were sitting around Meike.
She groaned, and grabbed a tequila shot, downed it, and then straight after drowned a mouthful of vodka. She spluttered as the spirits burned her throat and her eyes watered. Someone handed her a beer, which she eagerly drank. She ignored the little voice in her head, telling her not to mix drinks, which sounded suspiciously like Frank.
The clones had all attached themselves to their male alternatives, and were all staring at Meike expectantly.
“So Meike,” one of the clones asked from some guy’s lap, “I noticed you looking at Chris before, do you think he’s hot?” Everyone turned to Meike, a few giggling.
Meike looked at the clones blankly.
“No.” She said, plain and simple.
Every person went into an awkward silence and looked around the circle uncomfortably.
Suddenly, Bridget called out.
“That’s because she has a major crush on Adam.”
The whole group broke out in excited giggling,
“Omigod!!! It’s so obvious! Why didn’t I notice?”
“They would make, like, the cutest couple EVER!!”
Meike opened her mouth to protest but couldn’t get a word in edgewise. She noticed the boy she assumed was Adam smiling at he suggestively, and tried to disappear into the couch even more, sculling the rest of her beer.