Shut Your Mouth When I'm Talking To You

Chapter Three

Chapter three

After her shower, Meike rummaged through her clothes and after 20 minutes she was wearing her non-mangled red chucks, black jeans and a vintage tee that she had found at the back of her wardrobe.

Meike realised that she had masses of time to spare, so she yanked up the volume on her stereo and drew endless doodles on her visual diary. She sure knew how to pass the time because unexpectedly it was already 7:40.
Meike wrote a note to her parents informing them that she had gone to a friend's house. If they couldn't cope with that it was their fault for never being around.

At 7:42 she was out the door, walking in the direction of Mikey and Gerard's home. She was glad she had started out early, because this walk was mostly up hill and she was positive she had already passed the house. Moaning that she should have been counting the house numbers more carefully she found her self out side the Way's residence.

At 8:05 she was knocking on the door. Gerard answered it. He looked astounded
"I didn't think you were actually going to turn up!"
Meike gave him a playful punch
"It's the least I could do considering I ran over one of your family members"
He laughed and showed Meike in.
"Well, no-one is here yet but can you help Mikey move all the furniture in the living room?"
Giving Gerard a mystified look she walked in the direction that he had shown her and tried hard not to laugh when she saw what was occurring. Mikey was attempting to move a rather large couch from one side of the room to the other. His face was all screwed up and his knuckles were turning white, but the couch wasn't budging. Meike let out a snort, as she couldn't hold it in any longer. Mikey looked up and immediately his face when a shade of scarlet.
"The couch is really heavy," He simply said.
Meike rolled her eyes, "Want help with it?"

Together they shifted most of the furniture to the side so that there was a big empty space in the middle of the room.
"Its Gerard's 'Groove Centre' " said Mikey, as if that explained it.
Guests started to appear and Meike was introduced to them. She was trying hard but she had never been that excellent at remembering names. Gerard handed her a drink and screamed,
"Lets get this party started!!"
He cranked up the noise and soon beats were blasting through the house. Meike liked that Gerard was so out there; she knew that tonight was going to be entertaining.
Out of the blue, a swarm of people crashed through the living room door and started moshing.
“Gerard, you don’t even know this many people!” hollered Mikey,
“Its all good, don’t interrupt the gate crashers…”
Gerard didn’t seem as worried. As the mass surrounded her, Mikey and Gerard did a simultaneous shrug and all three of them started moshing along.

After a round of songs, Meike noticed that both Gerard and Mikey had vanished. She squeezed her way out of the crowd, (it was amazing how many people could fit in that small room) and spotted the brothers sitting with two other guys. She wandered over to them and waved shyly. Mikey waved back, Gerard was deep in conversation, and gestured that she sit with them.
"Thought we lost you in there, uh…this is Ray and Frank," Mikey pointed to the two guys nearby him.
"They are my best buddies…well Frank is my bestest but you get the picture. Guys, this is the girl I was telling you about, Meike."
Meike blushed and sat down.
"So….Meike is it? What school are you from?" asked Frank
"Evergreen High," She replied
When all she got was blank looks she said, "Its way out north"
Everyone mumbled that they understood.

Soon they were all talking and Gerard was performing various party tricks. Meike couldn't believe how well she got on with them. It didn't seem to matter that she was the only girl.
Drinks were continually passed around and Meike was feeling more comfortable by the minute. Around two in the morning she was vaguely aware that the music had stopped and there was considerably a smaller amount of people. She closed her eyes and leaned on Mikey. She was so exhausted.

Shortly the boys noticed that she was in a deep sleep and began to wonder what they were supposed to do. Mikey mumbled (he was half asleep) something about waiting until the morning but Frank laughed and said that Mikey's parents would freak.
They eventually decided that Gerard should carry her home (he was not in a state to drive). He attempted to pick her up and struggled under the weight. Frank offered to help since he was the only other one still awake at that point.
They each took an arm and hoisted it up over their shoulder. This proved to be unsuccessful as Meike’s feet dragged on the ground. After a moment of discussion Gerard took her hands and Frank took her feet.
If anyone else was still awake in the house they may have felt the urge to laugh. (Rather hard I might add.) Meike looked extremely uncomfortable and her hands and feet kept slipping out of the two boys grips. Soon Frank found himself holding her legs and Gerard was holding under her arms. This worked slightly better and she wasn’t dangling around as much. It was a good thing that the walk to her house was downhill, because otherwise the three of them may have not made it.

Frank and Gerard staggered to the front door and tenderly lay her down. They tried to open the front door.
Locked.
They tried opening the window next to it.
Locked.