Shut Your Mouth When I'm Talking To You

Chapter Thirty Two

Meike woke the next morning to a knock on her door. She heard her mother yell that the car was leaving in ten minutes.
She groaned.
School.
Suddenly she had an idea. Finding her voice she yelled back to her mother.
“Bridget’s giving me a ride!”
Her mother stuck her head through the door and had a pleased look on her face.
“See? I knew you would come around. Well I must dash! toodeloo!”

As the front door slammed shut Meike smiled and got out her phone. She started to text Gerard.

- pik me up in 15? M –

* * *

Meike squeezed into the car and Gerard announced that he would be getting his ‘baby’ back from the repair shop on Friday. Everyone cheered.
Meike took a look around the car. Frank, Ray and Gerard looked sleep deprived, but no more than usual but there was something different about Mikey.
“What’s with the beanie?”
Meike touched the gray beanie that was covering his head.
“Nothing,” He mumbled.
Meanwhile, the rest of the guys broke out in hysterics.
“IT’S NOT FUNNY!” Mikey yelled.
“What’s not funny?” said a confused Meike.
“Go on, show her Mikey,” jeered Frank.
Meike continued to look confused and looked at Mikey’s beanie again,
“Come on, it can’t be THAT bad.”
Hearing this Gerard started laughing so hard the car started to swerve all over the road.
“Gerard!” Frank yelled, “It’s my parent’s car!”
While this was happening Ray sneakily pulled off Mikey’s hat.
Meike tried to hold it in but a snort of laughter leaked out.
“What HAPPENED to your hair?” She gasped, “It looks like a mad man with a razor attacked you in your sleep last night.”
Mikey touched the tufts of his hair.
“It’s really THAT bad?” he asked, horrified.
“Well…whatever you do, keep the beanie on.

Gerard and Ray had just walking into their history class. Picking a seat up the back, they unpacked their bags and slouched in their seats, waiting for the late teacher.
Usually they would be talking but with everything that had happened on the weekend, they didn’t know what to say.
Gerard noticed that a group of guy’s in the middle of the class was talking about something excitedly.
He bent forward in his seat hoping to hear what was so interesting.
“Well I guess she was okay, but it’s hard to enjoy yourself when a chick is basically throwing her self at you.”
Gerard lent forward even more, and saw that Adam was talking.
Ray, headphones in his ears, couldn’t hear a thing.
“Seriously, just because Meike is new, doesn’t mean she has to be a complete desperate slut. Talk about being all over you, she was such a fucking whore.”
At the word ‘whore’ Gerard lost it, he jumped up knocking his desk over and launched himself at Adam……