Shut Your Mouth When I'm Talking To You

Chapter Thirty Three

When it was lunchtime, Meike, Polly and Frank all walked out of Maths, and went over to their usual spot and sat down.
Half of lunch passed and then the whole, lunch and only Mikey had showed up.
“Where are Gerard and Ray?” Polly asked, taking a bite of her marmite on vogels sandwich.
Mikey shrugged,
“Not like them to miss lunch,” he said.

* * * *

The rest of the day went pretty uneventfully. Meike and Polly had English last period. They settled themselves in the back seats, Meike resting her head on her desk for a nap.
Slowly the class began to fill up and a swarm of guys came in and sat in front of Meike and Polly.
They were having an enthusiastic discussion about some fight, until a very pissed off teacher came in silencing the class.
Near the last 15 minutes of class, the teacher needed to leave to get some photocopying.
Straight away, the boys all started talking about the fight again.
Polly started drawing and Meike rested her head on her desk, hearing bits of conversation all around her.
“On the weekend.”
“Yea, that’s what I heard”
“Smashed him, Adam’s face is a mess, that Freak can punch.”
Some of the boys’ conversation floated over to Meike.
Her head snapped up instantly. She looked over at Polly who had done the same and was giving Meike a questioning look.
They inched their desks a little closer and gave the boys their full attention.
“So he just attacked him? For no reason?” One boy asked the guy who was telling the story.
“Nah apparently Adam slept with some girl and this guy, ‘Gareth’ I think, just smashed his face in.”
“Yea,” another guy added, “Adam’s face is a mess. This guy had to be dragged off by the teacher and several students.”
Meike and Polly turned to each other quickly, both with seriously panicked expressions.
“Whoever this is chick is, she must be pretty hot, this guy showed no mercy. And now he has been suspended.”

The bell couldn’t have come any sooner. The girls grabbed their belongings and bolted out the door. They rushed out the main building and to the car park.
Frank, Mikey and Ray were already out and the girls hurried up to them.
Ray took one look at their faces and sighed.
“Suppose you know then?”
Polly and Meike both nodded,
“Is Gerard ok?” Meike asked a little flustered.
At this, Ray let out a laugh,
“Gerard? He’s FINE. However Adam……..” He trailed off, a smirk on his lips.
“It’s fucking lucky that Adam isn’t pressing charges,” Frank said, “But that bastard deserved every punch Gerard threw.”
“It just sucks that he is suspended for 2 weeks,” Mikey sighed, “Now I have no lift.”

At this Meike felt a bit queasy and her knees went weak. Ray, noticing her sudden change of colour took her over to the wall to sit.
“Shit.” She breathed, “He is suspended for 2 weeks? Omigod this is my entire fault, its going to go on his permanent record, shit.” She was beginning to stress.
Ray put his arm around Meike’s shoulders, and smiled,
“It’s not your fault, that asshole is way overdue for a beating,” He squeezed her shoulders a bit more and let out a snort of laughter.
“And as far as permanent records go, I don’t think Gerard will mind too much, it’s not exactly the first time he’s been suspended.”
“Yea,” Piped up Mikey, “Lucky fuck, gets a two week holiday!”
At this everyone laughed a little.
As more and more people piled out of school, Ray told everyone to get in Franks car.
“Let’s go visit ‘Gerard the Hero’”

When they arrived at the Way’s the boy’s Mum opened the door just as they were about to ring the doorbell.
She took one look at them all and sighed,
“He’s in his room,” She said, “Mikey I’m going back to work, you can make dinner. And keep your brother OUT of trouble.” She ruffled Mikey’s badly cut hair and headed off to her car.

Polly, Frank, Ray, Mikey and Meike all went though the door towards Gerard’s room.
They found him sprawled across his bed, music blaring, reading a comic.
As though they read each others minds, they all jumped on top of Gerard at the same time.
“OOOOWWWWW!!!” He screamed under the pile of bodies.
Everybody broke out into a fit of laughter that became hysterics as Gerard kicked Mikey and sent him flying off the bed.
As Mikey sat on the ground, glasses askew and glaring at Gerard, Everybody else made themselves comfortable.
Meike and Ray were on Gerard’s bed, and Frank and Polly on the beanbags.
“So,” Polly started, “You’ve re-arranged Adam Richards face and now you’re suspended.”
Gerard frowned at the thought of Adam but then smiled as he noticed the whole group’s triumphant expressions.
“Fucking asshole, he deserved it” Gerard muttered still smiling.
“Hmmm, I think this calls for some food, I’m starving.” Frank said.
Everyone laughed at Franks eating habits as they got up again and headed towards the kitchen.

Meike lagged behind a bit as Polly, Frank, Mikey and Ray went out the door.
She turned towards Gerard and flung her arms around his neck.
“Thank you.” Meike whispered, squeezing him hard.
Gerard, who was caught off-guard by Meike’s hug, awkwardly placed his arms around her waist.
“No Problem” He answered simply, returning the hug.
Meike closed her eyes for a brief moment, and took in Gerard’s familiar smell, remembering the feeling of relief she had felt when Gerard had found her at Bridget’s party.
They broke apart and Meike smiled at Gerard,
“You’re a legend Way.” She said.
Gerard’s face broke into a massive grin, which only grew more when Meike quickly came forward and planted a kiss on his cheek. She gave him a quick smile and then headed off to the kitchen with everyone else.
♠ ♠ ♠
comments? help!