Shut Your Mouth When I'm Talking To You

Chapter Thirty Five

The next two weeks at school were weird without Gerard but the time passed quickly. In fact the next few months were suddenly over and the holidays were nearing.
Bridget’s group seemed to of backed off a bit since Gerard and Adam’s fight. Adams still remaining bruises seemed to remind them all to keep their distance.
Mikey’s haircut had even grown out into a mop.

It was a Friday afternoon and there were two weeks left of school until term break.
Everyone was sitting in the Way’s living room still in their school uniforms.
Mikey and Meike were raiding the kitchen cupboards when Meike spotted a stainless steel pot and holder. She squealed excitedly as she pulled it out to show Mikey. He gave her a blank look and then raised his eyebrows at her obvious excitement.
“Ummmm geez Meike, never knew pots got you going.”
He quickly ducked as the pot came swinging towards his head.
“Shut up Mikey, You idiot,” Meike laughed, “It’s a fondue set!!”
When she was met by the same blank expression, she just sighed and began looking through the fridge and pantry.
Mikey was ordered to clean the old fondue set as Meike chopped up fruit, and got out chocolate and marshmallows.
15 minutes later the two came into the living room with a huge platter of fruit and marshmallows, and a pot of hot, melted chocolate.
“FONDUE!!!!” yelled Meike excitedly
Everyone gave her a weird look except for Ray who jumped up getting as excited as She.
The next hour or so was spent dipping fruit into the chocolate, and Meike and Ray talking in 70’s dialect.
“These strawberries are ultra groovy,” Ray said enthusiastically
“I know! Can you dig it?” Meike replied matching his tone.

Polly sat on the couch giving the two slightly alarmed looks as she ate her marshmallows.

When the fondue was finished, and everyone felt sick from too much chocolate, Gerard cleaned up and they all tried to figure out what to do next.
“I know!!” Mikey yelled suddenly. “Let’s play hide and seek in the dark!!!”
At first they all gave him unenthusiastic looks but Mikey’s eager expression was too hard to turn down.
They all got off the couches and went to turn off the lights.
Mikey was ‘in’ first and within 30 seconds he managed to trip over Ray who was lying on the floor completely hidden by the dark.
Gerard thought he would be tricky and pretended to be a statue, but couldn’t resist jumping out at Ray in the dark causing them both to crash into a desk that Meike was hiding under.

When he was in, Gerard went into the bathroom and counted to 30. He found Mikey and then Ray and after that, Meike.
Ray and Mikey retired to the living room while Gerard tried to find Frank and Polly.
“Meike, help me, Frank has always been good at this game”
Gerard said to Meike as he looked behind a door, “It’s because he’s so damn short, he can fit into hard to reach places.”
Meike let out a snort of laughter,
“Hmmm and Polly is really sneaky too” She added checking behind some curtains, “I bet they are both some where really obvious but difficult.”
Gerard nodded in the darkened hallway. The two of them went to open a closet, as Gerard continued the conversation,
“You know they are proba- “ Gerard stopped abruptly causing Meike to bump into him.
“Oww - “ she started but also stopped mid speech as what they were looking at, properly sunk in.

Frank and Polly were both in the closet, but hide and seek was the last thing on their minds.
The two were locked in a tight embrace completely oblivious to their surroundings.
Polly’s leg was lifted to Frank’s side, as he ran his hand up her thigh, causing her school skirt to ride up.
Franks school tie had been loosened and was draped around both of their necks.
Polly’s arms were lying across Franks shoulders and Frank’s remaining hand was resting on Polly’s hip.

Meike and Gerard just stood there, mouths hanging open and eyes bulging, paralyzed in shock.

Finally the two came up for air and saw Meike and Gerard standing in front of them.
Polly went instantly scarlet and gasped, as her own eyes bulged out of her head in embarrassment.
“Oh My God.” She breathed, stunned and embarrassed. She quickly attempted to pull her skirt down her elevated leg, which Frank was still holding up.
Gerard and Meike remained rooted to the spot, unable to form any words.
Amidst the awkward silence, Frank wrapped his hand around the closet door handle.
“For fucks sake, a little privacy please?” he said, as he pulled the door closed, blocking him and a mortified Polly from view.

Meike and Gerard continued to stare at the closed closet door, mouths open.
Slowly they looked around at each other, disbelief still apparent on each of their faces.
“Uh… I s-spose we found th-them….” Gerard stammered.
Suddenly a smile began to creep across Meike’s face, and as though they both came to the same conclusion, they spun on their heels and flew into the living room to where Mikey and Ray were playing paper, scissors, rock in the candle light.
They looked up at Meike and Gerard as the two rushed into the room.
“Did you find them?” Ray asked
“Oh we found them alright,” Meike replied not even bothering to hide the massive grin across her face, “Frank and Polly were having quite the time ki-“
“THEY WERE FUCKING IN THE CLOSET” screamed Gerard like an excited child, cutting Meike off.
Ray and Mikey’s eyes widened dramatically and they jumped up.
“WH-“Mikey began
“They were NOT fucking Gerard.” Meike sighed, half laughing.
“Yea yea, ok ok but ALMOST” he said, bouncing up and down slightly.
Mikey looked around, confused
“What!!?? I’m so confused! Explain!!” he whined.

“Polly and Frank!!” Meike laughed, still a bit in shock, “In the closet! All over each other!”

Just then Frank and Polly came into the living room.
Frank with his tie all lose and his shirt collar all messed up, and Polly still looking extremely embarrassed.
Seeing their appearance, Mikey gave them a slightly horrified expression, whereas Ray just shook his fro and began laughing.
It didn’t take long for Meike to start laughing as well, and soon she was having to lean on Gerard for support.
Gerard however just stood there with an amused smirk plastered on his face.
Finally when everyone calmed down, Meike asked, slightly breathlessly when ‘this’ happened.
Polly looked at Frank and then back at Ray, Meike, Mikey and Gerard.
“About 2 months ago.”
“WHAT!!??” they all yelled in disbelief.
Polly shifted nervously from one foot to the other and Frank placed an arm around her waist pulling her a little closer.
“Since the beginning of the term after Gerard bought his car.” Frank said smiling slightly.
“And you kept this from us? This WHOLE time?” Meike asked, shaking her head. This was a lot to take in.
“Well with everything else that had been going on….” Polly trailed off not looking at Meike.
“We just figured we would keep it quiet until everything had blown over” Frank finished.

Meike felt a pang of guilt, because of her ‘dramas’ two of her best friends had kept this pretty large secret from them all.

Frank, noticing Meike’s face fall, quickly added,
“Also we wanted to keep it a secret.” Meike looked at him questioningly, and he continued.
“It made it SO much hotter!!”
Polly punched him in the side and Frank bent over in mock pain.
“Ooooowww,” he moaned giving her a sly grin.

Shaking her head, still in disbelief, Meike glanced at her watch.
“Oh shit,”

She flipped no the lights and saw everyone staring at her, “Look guys, I told my mum I would be home by ten and its already half past.”
Gerard raised an eyebrow,
“Since when do you care so much about what your mum wants?”
”Since she threatened to press charges. Remember?” She shot back.
Ray widened his eyes; “She is STILL blackmailing you for that?”
“Still,” Said Meike, her expression grim.
She quickly grabbed her school bag and Gerard grabbed his keys.
“I’ll drive you home.”
Hearing this Frank let out a wolf whistle.
Gerard rolled his eyes and stormed out. Meike followed, laughing.