Shut Your Mouth When I'm Talking To You

Chapter Five

Chapter 5

Gerard looked up sharply
“Hey! No fair Gee, don’t give me that look! I’m not suggesting anything like that. I just don’t think her parents are coming home for the night. I don’t think she would want to wake up alone…”
Gerard grumbled something about Meike being able to take care of herself, but whatever.
Frank smiled and started searching for some sleeping bags and pillows,
The guys set up their beds on the floor and were asleep before their heads hit the pillows.

“BEEP BEEP”
“Welcome home, welcome home, I bid you welcome, I bid you welcome, welcome home…. welcome home from the bottom of my heart…”
Meike’s hand thrashed through her sheets until it found her alarm clock. The hand picked up the clock and threw it against the wall. Where we presume that it must have broken because that’s when the music stopped.
“Dave Dobyn…. Dave Dobyn?! I ask you….” She grumbled as she blindly stepped out of bed.
She was walking towards her door when she trod on something. No not something, someone. She looked down and to her horror there was a body. The body moved and a face peered out at her through a sleeping bag.

She screamed.

It screamed.

Then another scream was heard at the other end of her room.

Meike screamed again.

It was only then that she looked into the face of the person lying on her bedroom floor. She could have kicked him.
“GERARD!!” she bellowed,
“Eh..heh?” he replied,
“What the fuck do you think you’re doing here?”
A voice piped up from the other side of the room, “We are keeping you company..”
“By scaring me half to death!!?” She yelled, still in shock.
“In my defence,” said Gerard drowsily, “I was woken up by someone stepping on my face and then screaming at me. Do you have any idea how I might feel?”
“You idiots! My parents are going to kill me when they find you in my room.” Meike started to fret, “Oh not good…not good…not good.”
“Getting in into my window? That’s easy…” Meike said to herself, “but climbing out… that’s a different story…”
By now Frank was standing up, his sleeping bag was all twisted around him and his eyes were blood shot.
“Hold ya horses!”, Frank croaked still half asleep, “Your folk’s aren’t even home, they never came home yesterday and I doubt they are here now”
He squinted at his watch
“And its freaking 8 in the morning! We are sleep deprived and we carried you home. Now calm down…what have you got for breakfast? Not sleeping makes me hungry.”

Frank’s sudden topic change made Meike laugh. They decided to go downstairs for a feed. They turned to Gerard, and saw he had gone back to sleep, so they left him and went to have breakfast.
Meike got out the weetbix and found out that Frank liked sugar on his as well as milk too.
Through mouthfuls of weetbix they recalled what had happened the night before. Frank claimed that around 1am Meike had started skanking and everybody had been cheering her on.
Meike denied the allegations but swore black and blue that Frank plugged a microphone into the stereo and sung along for a good 5 songs.

Soon they heard moans and thumps coming from upstairs and laughed as they realised Gerard was waking up. It was only then that Meike noticed the red light flashing on her answering machine. She pressed the play button,

“Hey honey pookums, little Mimi, it’s your daddums here. Just calling to tell you we are going overseas for a week or so. Not sure when we will be back but make sure you feed the cat.”

Frank let out a snort of laughter, and Meike shot him the most evil look she could muster.
“Not a word.” She growled, “Don’t even think about it”
“But wouldn’t honey, pookums, little Mimi want to finish her weet-a-bixie?” Frank teased.
With that she lunged at him.
Frank, unprepared for the attack was thrown off the stool.
Gerard came in at the precise moment as the flight was taking place.

As Frank and Meike hit the ground, Frank was laughing so hard that Meike couldn’t stay serious. And almost instantly she was lying on her back in a fit of laughter too.
“Shush! Don’t tell anyone… Gerard especially,” She gasped between laughs.
“Tell me what?” Asked Gerard from the doorway
“Tell you that she gets - ”
“Up early in the morning,” Added Meike quickly.
For a moment Frank looked like he was about to say something, but then his expression changed to what one looks like after he has been jabbed sharply in the ribs.
Gerard looked highly amused.
Meike and Frank got off the floor still laughing.

She offered Gerard something to eat and then went upstairs to get ready for the day.
The guys asked if they could use the shower. Frank took the downstairs and Gerard would use the upstairs after Meike.

Meike bounded up the stairs 2 at a time, she was in such a good mood, she had made these awesome friends and had the house to herself for a week. She went upstairs to choose her outfit, skinny leg black jeans, a singlet and a vintage jacket she had found in an op-shop for $1. Meike grabbed her clothes, went into the bathroom, stripped off and had a long shower.

Downstairs Gerard was watching the morning gossip show. Today’s episode was about people who had fallen in love, and then discovered that the love of their lives was in fact their long lost brother or sister.

It was fascinating stuff,

Really.

And naturally Gerard was absorbed.

It had been 45 minutes so Gerard pulled himself away from the television and climbed the stairs to the bathroom. He passed Meike’s room and saw the door was firmly shut, indicating that Meike was getting changed.
He walked to the bathroom door, turned the door handle and swung it open.