That Girl

Devin

I walked into our apartment and Rick tossed me a jacket and I looked over at him blankly. He opened the door, "you and I are going to a party." It was always the same with him, get invites to frat or sorority parties and then dragging me along to have a miserable time. I gave him the look I always do, "oh stop fucking moping, this'll make you feel better."

I shrugged seeing as I couldn't feel much worse at the moment. I followed him to the car and he started driving in the opposite direction. Considering 90% of the parties he dragged me to were on campus I was a little confused. We hopped on the freeway and I looked at him, "where are we going?"

"Azusa," he said with a grin on his face.

I looked at him like he were insane, "the fuck are we going all the way to Azusa."

He laughed, "I knew you'd strike out at the store, not really your strong suit." He looked over at me and smiled, "I thought maybe a party would lighten everything up, get a few drinks in both of you and you could have a repeat of the first time you met, or better." I glared at him not knowing what to say, what if she thought I had followed her there, I had just become extremely creepy. "If it makes you feel better," he looked over, "I was invited by her friend." It didn't really make me feel better, I still hadn't a clue what to say to her.

It took us a while to find the actual house, once we found the right street it wasn't hard, but directions weren't Ricky's strong suit. He got out of the car as I lingered in my seat. "Come on," he opened the door, "I'm doing this for you, collecting in-tell, why else would I stay with the same chick so long." I got out of the car reluctantly and he gave me a hard pat to the back, "that a boy," he shrugged, "it's the least you can do for letting me ruing my game."

"You're an asshole," is all I said to him.

He shrugged turning full circle, "it works for me."

I followed him as he found Kim in the huge crowd. It wasn't super hard, but then again her height made the task much harder. She was sitting on a couch with the guy I had seen at Rite Aid, her hand on his chest as she giggled. She caught sight of Rick and she immediately stood up. "Ricky," she giggled as she stumbled over and wrapped her arms around him, "I'm so happy you came." Then she looked to the side at me, "uh-oh," she pushed past Ricky, "I know someone's not going to be happy when they see you."

"Kimmy," Rick took hold of her shoulders and backed her up a bit, "where is Sienna?"

"Around," she laughed and then got closer, "let's go make out." Ricky looked over at me and Kim looked over as well. She grabbed my hand, "Devin this is Matt and this is Ashley, she pointed to the two people she was with, "they'll be really nice to you." I recognized the guy from my uninvited visit earlier and noticed him giving Kim an unsure look. "Be nice," she said sternly, "or you know who will know about a hell of a lot more you know who's." He glared and she giggled as her and Rick walked away.

I watched as he left me there alone, he dragged me here and at the first sign of a hook up he left me. I sighed and the dude put his hand on my shoulder, "I don't like that guy, I don't like who you're associating yourself with."

"What," I looked at him unsure.

"You want to get at my best friend," he looked at me, "and I'm not sure someone who associates themselves with a guy like that is right for her."

The girl, Ashley, pushed him back slightly and smiled, "please excuse Matt." She sent back a stern look, "he and Kim have a complicated relationship and he gets extremely jealous for no reason." I didn't know what to say. She threw out her hand, "I'm Ashley, how do you know Sienna?"

"That's not an easy question to answer," I smiled thinking about it.

Matt grunted as he took his seat on the couch, "Sienna randomly made out with him at CSUN and he's been stalking her since."

"This is your fault," she sat down and looked at Matt, "you and Kim, if you stopped throwing darts at her self-esteem she wouldn't have to resort to doing things like this," she pointed to me, "or whatever the hell she's doing now."

"Right now," I questioned.

He laughed ignoring me, "Sienna doesn't have a self-esteem problem, if we don't throw darts she'd literally float away."

"Stop being so bitter," she smiled as she turned toward me, "Si's a good person, just a little rough around the edges." She looked at me, "and I think it's cute, finding her and all." She looked back, "that boy doesn't have a romantic bone in his body, he wouldn't understand."

"Right now," I looked at her, "what is she doing?"

She bit her lip and looked back at Matt. He rolled his eyes, "she's with some jerk in the other room." I looked at him blankly and he shrugged, "I don't want to know the details, go see for yourself." He shooed me off.

I poked my head in the other room and there was my dream girl sitting down with some guys arm around her waist. "Now," she smiled looking at him, "which one of these sluts is your back up plan," she paused, "you know when I don't have sex with you tonight."

"No back up plan," he said, "just you."

"Goo..." she caught glimpse of me. She quickly closed her eyes and attached her lips to that guy. I was jealous, but I wasn't the type to punch a wall instead I stood there somewhat motionless. She was cheating on the relationship that only existed in my mind. "Now let's go somewhere private," she said before smirking at me." And she was very much enjoying herself as she did so.

I sighed as I went back to the other room. What could I do. He was an attractive guy and to her I was a stalker.