That Girl

Sienna

I woke up unsure of my surroundings with a pounding headache. Though the clouded vision only lasted a little while, I was at Ashley's house. I figured I was here since it was easily the closest to last night's party. I shot up from my spot on her couch and looked around. Kim was on the other couch and Matt was laying on the floor and they were arguing about god knows what. "Every time I'm with a guy," she said, "every single time, is it impossible to go one party without starting a fight, Matt."

"The guy's a jerk," he said.

"As if I haven't made that mistake before, I did go out with you," she said, "speaking of that, it was the past, you have no claim on me. Especially when you have a girlfriend that you are already cheating on."

"Whoa, whoa, whoa," I put my hand to my spinning head, "the fuck happened last night?"

"Well," Kim started, "Ricky showed up and I was having a good time. If you know what I mean," she grinned causing me to laugh. "So naturally your friend," she pointed to Matt, "started a scene and then a fight, I mean is it impossible for me to have a relationship."

I looked at her lost, "who's Ricky."

She thought about it, "he's kind of like a boyfriend, but not, he's Devin's friend."

I glared at the thought and bit my lip as the two of them started arguing again. "Not that I'm not intrigued by this dejavu of last week, but can someone please tell me what I did last night," I looked at them seriously. "I drank too much," I rubbed my head as if it would make the hangover go away, "and everything is fuzzy.

"Yes," Kim turned, "what did happen in the soap opera of your life." She looked at me as if she were trying to pry into my inner soul, "the details are yet to be released."

"You went somewhere private," Ashley walked over looking bright eyed and absolutely fine while the rest of us were a mess. I guess that was the benefit of being the person who doesn't drink. "Devin told us that much and then after being absent a while we decided to look for you," she said and looked over to Matt. He was the one who delivered the bad news.

"You two were in a car," he smirked, "it was very steamy, I'm betting on sex."

I looked to Kim for answers, "don't look at me, all I know is nothing, I was fucked up." She said, "I barley remember the details of the stupid fight, but I do remember enough to know Matty lost."

He glared before turning to me, "your friend promptly delivered you, passed out, at around four and then we came here."

I let myself fall back onto the couch, it wasn't like my life was over, it was more like I seriously regretted it. "Don't listen to him," Ashley smiled a weak smile, "none of us were there, for all we know nothing happened." I looked at her sort of depressed, "there's only one person who knows." I thought about it and quickly scrambled for my phone and called him. As I stuck the phone to my ear Ash gave me an unsure look, "are you actually going to ask him abo..."

I put my finger up as I got a human response from the other line, "hey beautiful, how you feeling."

"Did we have sex last night," I put it out there bluntly. Kim and Matt were cracking up and I could hear Micheal doing the same on the other line. "I remember nothing, so just tell me, do I need the day after pill or not?"

"Well you get straight to the point," he attempted to contain his laughter. "No," he said calmly, "I promise you nothing happened last night."

"I heard reports of a steamy car," I said angrily.

He laughed again, "yeah we were hot boxing."

"You let me smoke weed," I yelled into the phone.

He laughed, "it was pretty funny, you told me this story about a pirate and some chick and you drew illustrations on the window as you told me. It was the most adorable thing I've ever seen in my life." I was quiet not really knowing what to say to that, "then you fell asleep so I handed you over to your friends," he paused, "I don't think they like me."

I nodded, "alright thanks, bye." I hung up and looked at them victoriously, "I did not have sex."

"No," Ashley said, "you just smoked weed, the one thing you told me you'd never try." As I said Ashley was the innocent, never do anything wrong type of person. To say she didn't approve when I did stuff, was a correct statement. "What the hell is wrong with you," she looked at me seriously.

"Whoa there fruit loop," I put my hands up defensively, "I just found out I didn't sleep with someone, so finding out that all I did was smoke some weed that I don't remember is a relief to the possibility of being pregnant."

"You wouldn't get pregnant," Kim shook her head.

I put my finger out sternly, "I'm that unlucky."

Mat looked at me, "so what exactly happened."

I smiled a guilty smile, "apparently I told him the Offshore Pirate with illustrations." I know it was that story because it was my favorite, I loved one of the lines in it. "I want you to lie to me just as sweetly as you know how for the rest of my life." I could never quite explain my love for that line, but easily it was the best thing I had ever read. I tell other people and they tell me it makes no sense at all.

Kim smiled, "I swear, you would do that." I just but my head in my hands with the biggest smile across my lips. I was thoroughly amused by drunk me, and high me. I was proud as well, I still had integrity at that point of inebriation.