That Girl

Sienna

"Come on," I smiled, "it'll be fun." I looked at Micheal who was still on the fence about my proposition.

"I don't know," he said, "its not really my scene." He looked at me suspiciously, "and honestly I didn't really think it was your scene either." I understood, I was somewhat self involved and didn't really take well to people, so it didn't seem like a glove fit for me.

I raised my eyebrow at him, "giving back to the community is everyone's scene, and it's one day." I looked at him, "I think you can take time out of your precious schedule to support the real men of this country." I smirked as he received my subtle insult.

"Is that your way of telling me I'm not a man," he gave me a suspicious glance. I nodded my head playfully and he grabbed me and kissed me. We were sort of dating, not labeled yet, but we were dating. And I was trying, and failing, at getting him to come help at Operation Gratitude, where I was a veteran volunteer.

I pushed him away and gave him a serious look, "no more kissy kissy, untill you agree to volunteer."

"It's like two days after Thanksgiving, Si," he looked at me unsure, "I'll be with my family up in San Fran still." I crossed my arms and gave him a stern look. he laughed, "what do you want me to do, drive all the way down here early just to volunteer." I smiled and nodded and he shook his head, "that is fucking insane."

"Fine," I shrugged, "don't come," I started toward my car and he walked after me. I opened the door and got in and he was expecting a goodbye kiss but I shut the door quick. I rolled down the window, "but be warned I am going to be flirting with a lot of hot volunteers."

"Then I'll just flirt with every girl I see in San Fran," he smirked.

"Go ahead," I smiled, "I bet I get more numbers." I drove off leaving him in the dust and made my way to work, where I would beg Matt to come with me. And when he refused I'd easily drag Kim as I always did.

"So let me get this straight," Kim said as we walked into CPK for our traditional before Thanksgiving dinner. It was what we did when we skipped school the Wednesday before thanksgiving and hung out. "You bet your boyfriend that you could get more numbers than him," she looked at me hesitantly, "thus giving him permission to flirt with other girls." I nodded my head and she shook hers in return, "you are stupid."

I shrugged, "who cares?" Then I shoved my phone in her face, "now type in a random number and see if a guy answers."

"And you plan to win by cheating," she rose an eyebrow.

I laughed, "yeah, like there's really another option."

"Yeah," she said, "the first being to actually flirt with guys and the second being to throw in the towel and admit that it was a stupid idea." The waiter came over and put our menus down and gave a quick smile.

"Ladies," he stood up, "my name is Paul and I'll be your server for the day, can I start you off with some drinks."

I smirked at Kim, "option number one," and then I turned to the waiter and spoke more audibly, "I'll just take a water please."

"Me too," she glared at me and as soon as he left, "no, no flirting with our waiter, you are bad at it and last time you got us kicked out."

"That was the cheesecake factory and I hit the guy for making very demeaning assumptions," I smiled, "this is different." She shook her head and sat back shaking her head as I shamelessly flirted with him every time he came by. "Haha, haha," I sang as we exited the restaurant and she just crossed her arms and scowled, "looks like I'm not that bad after all." I waved the number that I had gotten all by myself.

"You win," she said, "keep playing your stupid game."

"I will thank you," I stuck my tongue out, "and don't forget on Saturday Operation Gratitude." Her shoulders sunk at the sound, "oh come on you had so much fun last time, what's wrong?"

"It's work," she said, "and I just want to be lazy." She glared at me, "and last time you told me there were going to be cute army guys there in uniform, you tricked me bitch, and for that I'm not going."

"But you have to," I whined.

"Why?"

"Because," I shrugged, "I don't want to go alone."

"Please," she looked at me.

"Just go," I said, "or I'll find a way to introduce your next boyfriend to Matt, and they can duke it out." She glared at me and I gave her my smug expression.

"Fine," she said, "but not because I'm afraid of your empty threats, but because I am a good person." I let out a brief chuckle. "i am a good person," she yelled defensively, "I do this shit, I deliver food to the foodless people and I donate stuff." I raise my brow at her and she put her arms out, "I do."

"Cuz I make you," she said.

"And in return I help you be more social and personable, we bring out the best in each other," she smiled.

I laughed, "I am the very definition of personable."

She gave me a stern look and shook her head, "no honey, you're not." I let out a small pout and then decided to change the topic. I took a seat on one of the benches outside the mall and started dialing a random number. "What are you doing," she said.

I put my finger up to shush her and then continued listening for a response on the other end. I hung up and smiled, "alright, write this number on a piece of paper." I handed her a pen, "and try to make it look like a guy wrote it." She looked at me blankly and I just smiled. She reluctantly grabbed the pen and did as I told her causing me to smile.