That Girl

Sienna

I sat there taping the boxes together as I was flirting with the guy handing me the boxes. I was nothing less than determined to win this bet I had with Micheal, even if I had to cheat to do so. He came over and put another package on top of the pile. "Wow," he smiled, "you're really behind on these."

"I wouldn't be if this asshole didn't keep piling them up beside me," I smiled at him and then shrugged, "a real gentleman would help me out."

We were flirtatiously smiling at each other for a few seconds before he finally spoke up. "Let's see if I could do something about that," he smiled. I watched him as he left and then I went back to work. I was very behind, but I really loved doing this. I had taped up two boxes before his voice interrupted, "I brought you some help."

My smiled began to fade as I looked up not only to see that he brought another guy to help me, but that other guy happened to be the enormous thorn in my side. He took the seat next to me and I smiled back at the cute delivery guy and said, "thanks." I watched him walk away as my smile faded and then I sighed and let my head fall down on the table. "What the hell is wrong with me," I sat back up.

"Was that a rhetorical question," he looked at me unsure.

I looked at him and gave a sort of laugh, "no, I'd seriously like to know, unfortunately I have doubts that you could answer the way I want."

"Oh so you don't want to hear my opinion," he turned to the boxes and started taping them.

I laughed, "please enlighten me."

"Well first off kissing guys and running, it's not a good habit," he smiled and then looked at me, "and second, that guy," he pointed, "is gay." I looked at him shocked and he just laughed at me.

"There is no way," I looked at him.

He put his hand up as if telling me to wait. The box boy walked over with another box and put it down on the table. My helper gave me a quick look before averting his eyes toward the guy in front of us. "Nice package, dude," he sat back in his seat and smiled with a quick eyebrow raise.

He gave him a look up and down before smiling, "you too."

My mouth opened wide as he walked away and I looked over at him, "I can't believe that just happened." I thought to myself and then hit my head, "I can't believe I've been flirting with him for the last hour." I shook my head and then the thought clicked into my mind and I looked at him, "oh my god, Devin right?" He nodded and I quickly continued, "you have to get his phone number for me."

"What," he looked at me as if I were crazy.

"Please," I gave him my best puppy dog face as I got back to taping the boxes.

"He's gay," he looked at me the same way he had before.

I laughed, "I'm collecting phone numbers." He looked over from his box and raised a brow at me. I shrugged, "Micheal and I have this bet going," his look begged me to continue, "who can get more numbers." I looked back at my gay box boy and then back, "and you can bet your ass I'm going to win."

He rose his eyebrow, "you want me to help you win a stupid, dysfunctional bet with your boyfriend?"

"Not my boyfriend," I put a finger up. He raised his eyebrow and I rolled my eyes, "come on, you can add your number to my collection if it makes you feel better."

He looked at me reluctantly and then did the deed anyway. He started writing down his own and he held out the two of them for me. I went to grab them and he pulled them back. "I have one condition," he smiled and I looked at him tentatively, "I give you these numbers if you promise to use it."

I raised my eyebrow, "you want me to call the gay dude." He laughed and handed me the two numbers anyway and then we both went back to taping the packages shut. For some reason I kept looking over at him. He was the most adorable guy I had ever met, with his dimples and green eyes. He had a sense of humor and he was volunteering, why did he seem to be so perfect at this moment. And what was stopping me, my own rule to a stupid game that Kim and i had made up.

After a few more hours of our banter and laughter we were done. I walked out with Devin and we waited for our counter parts to exit. "I cannot believe you," I heard the big voice of my little friend as she walked out the door. "You came here to flirt with those sorority hussies," she yelled and I started laughing.

"Hey," he said defensively, "you're a sorority hussy too."

She hit him on the shoulder with her bag, "you're an asshole, I hate you." She walked over to me and grabbed my arm, "you and your stupid friend leave us the hell a lone because neither of us want anything to do with you." She dragged me to the car and I looked back at him sadly for a second. We both got in the car, "I'm so sorry you had to be with that guy the whole time, it must have been awful." She was angry as she pressed down on the gas, "just like my day, you know how my day was?" She looked at me briefly for an answer before answering herself, "it was fucking awful."

Now I couldn't morally like the guy I'd sworn off for months, not just because of my stupid rules, but because of my friend. I frowned as I thought about the day. This was a good thing though. I was in a relationship of sorts and I wasn't about to ruin it.