That Girl

Devin

She had turned back, even just for a second it meant one thing. Ricky had managed to mask the inch of headway I had made by sending me back about four feet. I turned to Ricky, "You just had to get involved with her friend." I shook my head and got into the car and drove back. Besides the music that played at low volumes in the background it was a dead silent trip. I don't know why I was mad at him, it really wasn't that bad, but I was stubbornly keeping silent.

"Dude," he let out a sigh, "I'm sorry."

I looked over at him. It had taken him twenty minutes to come up with that. Although I had expected better or a little more, I could tell it was sincere. "It's cool," I smiled, "what happened anyway?"

"You know the really slutty girl from Delta Phi Nu," he looked at me.

I raised my eyebrow, "Amber?"

"No," he shook his head, "that's the slutty one from Zeta Beta, I'm talking about Tori."

"The one with the dark hair and really blue eyes," I questioned and he nodded. "Oh she's hot," I nodded.

He pointed, "my point exactly." He shrugged, "and the rest is history." I laughed as I slammed the door and we walked into our apartment. He threw himself on his bed, "so how was it hanging with your girl all day."

"It was a pretty good day," I smiled thinking about it, "I think I even made a little headway."

"Nice," he nodded, "and who do you have to thank?"

I raised my eyebrow, "the same guy who ruined it by hurting her best friend."

"Exactly," he pointed, "but on the bright side, we"re invited to a party tonight." And just like that we were back on track. She hated me, and I was being dragged to a party I had no interest in attending.