That Girl

Sienna

He was there and I went for it. It was the first risk I’d ever taken in my life and the only thing that got me through it was the fact that I would never see him again.

I was 18, 18 freaking years old and I hadn’t had my first kiss. I was Lame with a capital L and it was seriously depressing me. It’s not like I was the conservative one in the group either, I just never found anyone worth the sacred first kiss. I had seen the disasters my friends had. How the guys they first kissed turned out to be contenders for the asshole boyfriend hall of fame. I swore my first kiss was not going to be like that. Kim, my best friend, and I had hatched up the perfect plan. I called it: Operation Kiss a Stranger. The title’s kind of self explanatory. He couldn’t be a bad guy, and I wouldn’t have any bad memories, because this would be the only one. Perfect plan, right?

Wrong, I didn’t have the nerve to do it. Kim suggested I hang with her at school one morning and that way there was no possible way I’d ever see him again. Why? Because she is at a University while I had been solemnly reduced to community college level.

“I can’t do this,” I said panicking as another potential victim walked by.

“You have to,” Kim said shaking her head, “just pick a guy and kiss them, it will be perfect.” She pointed to a guy walking by.

I gave her a disgusted look, “If I’m kissing a stranger it is going to be a hot stranger.” That was part of the problem, I was extremely picky. My friends always told me that if I said a guy was okay that meant they were an eight.

She rolled her eyes, “beggars can’t be choosers.” In return I too rolled my eyes and then she just started tugging on my shirt, “Si, that one is so cute.” I looked up at the guy walking towards us, head in book with a quiet cute kind of look.

I nodded my head, but couldn’t move. Kim had to literally push me and he didn’t even notice me coming until right before I kissed him. I don’t know what I was doing and I was so shocked I actually did this, Sienna stop kissing him. I released and then gave a small smile before leaving, I couldn’t help it. I ran away quickly to the shocked Kim who was walking towards her car. “Oh my God,” I half whispered, “Oh my God did I just do that.”

“You are my hero,” she said as we turned the corner, “I bow down to you, I worship you that was like the best kiss I’ve ever watched.”

I smiled big, “first kiss check, done and over with.”

“Too bad though,” she said, "he was really cute, you totally missed out.”

I shrugged, “there are plenty of guys at my school and around these parts in general, I just needed to get that done and over with. No harm no foul.” I started walking towards the bus stop near the school.

“Wait,” Kim said. I looked back to see her standing there pouting, “You’re leaving already.”

I nodded, “Kimmy, I have practice and class, if I’m late, I’m dead.” I’m a freshman on the softball team, it’s the third week and I’ve already been late once. I was trying to make a good impression and half failing.

“Fine, but I’m kidnapping you tomorrow,” she said and I smiled and waved. She shooed me away and I turned around to run to the bus stop, it was a stop away and I couldn’t risk missing it.