That Girl

Devin

"You left," Ricky walked out of the frat house and sat next to me on the curb. He handed me a drink, which I took reluctantly and he said, "did she eat your heart, you look bummed, that bitch ate your heart, I knew I should have never left you alone with her."

I shook my head, "no, I'm over her."

"What," he jumped up, "you're not pulling my chain are you, because I've been waiting for this moment." I nodded my head confirming what I said and he looked at me nodding, "this is a big campus, there is so much more fun we can have tonight."

"What about Tori," I looked at him.

"There are Tori's all over this campus," he nodded for me to come with him, "we just need to find them, I'll be your wing man." He wiggled his eyebrows at me.

I shook my head, "I don't want any Tori's, I want Sienna."

"That's cool, you're a relationship man," he said, "you'll be my wing man." He nodded down the street, "come on, lets go." I sighed and got up reluctantly and he smiled as he put his arm around me and started trudging forward, "that's right, we are going to party like there is no tomorrow." As we got to the car he looked at me and hit the top of the car, "so what should we do, hit the bar, clubbing or party hopping around campus?" I just shrugged and he shook his head, "come on dude, the world is our oyster."

"Let's just stay local," I said.

We both hopped into the car and he said, "that only eliminates one option, that's alright we'll hit the bar for some pre-drinks and then there's this wicked party in the South dorms that I heard about, they've got guys chugging milk cartons."

"Sounds epic," I nodded.

"Sarcasm noted," he pointed as he stopped the car, "but it will be epic." He dragged me into the bar and we ordered our usual and it wasn't long till he found his potential prey. "Alright," he pointed, "you know the drill, you play jerk and I play hero."

"Wouldn't it be easier just to talk you up," I looked at him.

He shook his head, "no, you go over there and be the opposite of your self."

From the back she was cute, small petite with pin straight black hair that was draped over her pink jacket with Greek lettering on the back. Of course Ricky would be interested in this girl, his type was basically sorority girl. "Hey, I tried to be smooth as I moved around to sit in the seat in front of her. I tried to sound cool as I started, "how's it going..." but I looked at her and finished, "Kim?"

"Oh god," she looked at me, "this means Ricky can't be too far away." She looked over her shoulder quick and then nodded, "yup, this is just my luck, I'm always in the same place as my ex's and they are the only people who ever hit on me."

"No," I shook my head trying to make her feel better, "that's not true."

"Yeah it is," she said, "you're coming over here to play wing man right?"

I shrugged, "well yeah, but if I weren't completely hung up on your friend I would totally come up to you."

She smiled at me, "Sienna's here, she broke up with her boyfriend today." She bit her lip and looked past me, "I know she'll hate me for this, but we're not going to be here much longer." She pointed over to the other side of the bar, "she's over there, getting shamelessly hit on by everyone." I sighed looking away from the image and Kim punched me lightly in the shoulder, "she's not having any fun, man up and go talk to her."

"She hates me," I looked at her.

"I have known Sienna since like middle school," she looked at me, "so trust me when I say it is a far better thing that she hates you." I raised my eyebrow at the idea and she continued, "if she takes the time to hate a person outright, it's because she likes them. She masks her crushes with hate, and I don't think she really hates you."

"That is demented," I looked at her.

She put her hands up defensively, "hey I'm not the one who fell for her, it's got to say something about you."

I got up and then looked down at her, "I'm going to call over Ricky so you're not alone, is that alright."

She laughed, "sure, as I said I'm not going to be here for long so knock yourself out." I waved over Ricky who smirked and then I got up and took a deep breath before heading over to Sienna.