That Girl

Devin

"What'd you do," Ricky spread his arms out questioningly as I approached him. I sat down on the stool next to him ,"I saw smiling, laughing, even some hand touching, me and my little Asian friend thought you two were actually hitting it off."

I shrugged, "we kind of were."

He raised his eyebrow, "what'd you do, you had to do something, say something?"

"I don't know it was weird," I looked at him, "she was saying awful things about herself and I guess I tried to reassure her that none of it true."

"You were nice," he looked at me and I just nodded in response. He slapped me, "how many times have I told you, you can't be nice to a girl, they don't want nice, they want confident and smooth guys." He shook his head, "play it nice and you've got a one way ticket to the friend zone."

"I don't buy that," I shook my head.

"Well," he looked at me, "nice hasn't worked for the past few months." I just shook my head again and he stood up, "tell you what, try not being nice tonight and we'll see how it goes."

"If you haven't noticed she kind of left," I looked at him.

He stood up, "luckily I anticipated you screwing up." He took his phone from his back pocket, I stole Kim's phone and sent myself their party schedule for the evening." He looked at it and then up, "we're headed to the east dorms."

He turned toward the bar, "I am not going to follow her around this school."

Ricky being his persistent self lifted me out of my seat and pushed me toward the door, "that is exactly what you are going to do, because tonight you are the anti-Devin and this is what the anti-Devin would do."

"So I have to pretend to be you," I raised my eyebrow.

He shrugged, "you don't really have my swag," he pointed to me, "but way to strive for excellence."

I let out a humored huff, "let's go." We went to three parties on the list and after looking all over the place we'd walk outside and their car would be gone. As we walked up to the fourth house I looked at Ricky, "seriously, we're here again?"

"I know," Ricky looked at his list and at the house with suspicion, "I thought double Kappa G and the Tri Pi's hated each other, this makes no sense." I he looked back and forth once more before shrugging, "oh well, it's on the list."

"This is ridiculous," I looked at him, "we'll never find them." Ricky was looking around for something and I looked at him, "dude, what's wrong."

"Perfect," he spotted something and moved forward and I followed him. "Yard stoner," he motioned for some guy to come closer, "give me your phone." The random stranger did as Ricky told and Ricky typed on the phone for a while and then handed it back. "When you see that little red car drive away text me," he was talking slowly, "got it."

He nodded and then turned around, "who are you."

"Ricky," he responded and the guy walked back to where he was nodding all the while. "That takes care of that," Ricky said as we walked back toward the entrance.

I shook my head, "that guy is never going to remember your name."

He shrugged, "I deleted all his contacts."

"You are a horrible person," I shook my head laughing.

"He's never going to notice," he smiled a cheeky smile as he lead me back into the house. He elbowed me in the side, "dude, if you find her here, I can finish what I started with Tori earlier." He wiggled his eyebrows and ran ahead of me.