That Girl

Devin

I woke up to a cold bucket of ice being dumped over my head and some yelling, "wake up." I opened my eyes and looked up at Kim and she tossed the bucket aside, "thank god, you are like the heaviest sleeper I've ever met, we need to get you out of here before I get in trouble."

I sat up and scratched my head, "where am I and why am I here?"

She looked to the door nervously and sat on the bed, "I don't know what happened last night, all I know is you found me and you were wasted and wining relentlessly that you needed to see Sienna." She turned her head to the side and angrily muttered, "the same bitch who took my car keys." She turned back smiling, "so you gave me your keys and I took you here because she was supposed to be here, but she wasn't and you just knocked out on my floor."

I put my hand on my head, "god I can't remember the last time I got that drunk."

"I can't believe I basically supported a completely wasted guy into the house, breaking the rules and I got nothing out of it," she said. I raised my eyebrow and she pointed to the surroundings, "sorority house, no boys allowed after hours."

"Funny," I pointed, "I never knew that rule."

"Well we need to go," she clapped her hands, "we can pick up some coffee, and I only hope Sienna is sleeping in my car because if she got as drunk as you did." She just sighed and I think we both knew what that meant.

I shook my head, "she wouldn't right?"

She kind of laughed, "it's cute that you're all jealous or protective or whatever." I just looked at her for an answer to my question. She shrugged, "under normal circumstances I'd say no, the girl handles her liquor well, but the last time she got that drunk she ended up high in a car with a guy I seriously don't care for."

"She's probably sleeping in the car," I said more to make myself feel better than to make her feel better. I got up and she led me out of the house, in a very stealth manner might I add, and she pulled out the keys to Ricky's car. I guess I took his car yesterday and who knows how he got home, or if he even got home.

She looked at the keys and then tossed them to me, "I've never actually been to your place, I'm sure you could get us there faster." I nodded and took the keys getting into the car and she shook her head, "you are so lucky my roommate wasn't there last night."

"The Amazon," I looked at her and she nodded, "she would have reported you?"

"No," she laughed, "she thinks your cute, I'm afraid she would have never let you leave." She shook her head, "she's not a real fan of Sienna's so she probably wouldn't care at all."

I raised my eyebrow as we turned into Starbucks, "what's there to care about?"

She laughed, "I wasn't kidding last night when I told you she likes you, I meant it, that's why she talks to you and yeah she'll still joke that its a hassle, but she's having a good time." We pushed through the door and she looked at me, "but she'll be the last one to admit it." She shook her head, "the stupid bitch, I bet she hasn't even admitted it to herself yet."

"What's wrong with her," I looked at her.

She shook her head, "not much, she's one of the best people I know and I'll kill you if you ever tell her I said that." She pointed sternly and then pushed her hair back, "it's just relationships and guys where she has problems."

I let out humored huff, "yeah, she's dated a bunch of jerks."

She laughed, "no, she's dated one jerk and turned down a bunch of jerks and nice guys and virtually everyone." I looked at her unsure and she shrugged, "Sienna has extremely high self-worth and she's got it in her head that she deserves perfection, which she also doesn't believe in, so she keeps herself at arms distance and then she became all promiscuous and started kissing strangers and dated that asshole who she hated in the first place." She shook her head, "I don't begin to understand what goes on in her mind."

We got to the front and ordered our drinks and then made our way out. It was quiet for a while and then she spoke up, "what happened last night, I think you guys got in a fight."

I sighed, "yeah, it was pretty much my fault."

"Somehow I doubt that," she said.

"No," he shook his head, "Ricky told me to stop being nice and be the anti-Devin for one night and see if it worked. It back fired because my alter ego isn't smooth or confident, he's a complete drunk asshole."

She hit me on the shoulder, "why would you ever listen to Ricky, he's a terrible example."

I shrugged, "you wouldn't believe the number of times he's been right."

"Well he was wrong," she shook her head, "so wrong, I mean that might work on everyone else, but I doubt it would work on Sienna."

"It didn't," I sighed, "I didn't mean to be so harsh, but something in me snapped and I think I called her a demented slut and told her she had real problems." I shook my head, "I didn't mean it, I just flipped on her and of course she got upset."

"And that's why you needed to talk to her," she said. All I could do was nod and keep driving. "If you don't mind me asking," she said kind of unsure, "can you remember what she said, because I want to access the situation you're in."

I thought about it, "I think she said she liked that I was nice, and forget it because I was acting just like everyone else."

She nodded, "that sounds like her, it's repairable." I heard doubt in that and we pulled up to my apartment building. As we walked over she pointed, "hey that's my car." We walked over and looked inside, "it's empty, maybe she's here, maybe Ricky found her."

We both walked into the apartment building and as we came out the elevator, I came face to face with a familiar face. And she was shocked to see me. "Devin," Allison said in blatant shock and then pointed backward, "I thought you were... in... just... this is golden." She had a huge smirk on her face.

"Who's this," Kim said.

"Kim, this is my evil ex," I pointed and then gestured the other way, "Allison, this is Kim, she's a friend."

She had an evil smirk on her face not even paying attention to the introduction. "I came to see you, and I think I met your girlfriend, the one you were telling me about." She laughed to herself, "she's charming, she told me you were in the shower and the girl wasn't wearing much." She shook her head, "I think she might have had a sleepover with your best friend last night, I wouldn't put it past Ricky."

"Ricky's my best friend," I said.

"Yeah," she shrugged, "but she's a pretty girl, and Ricky's only human." She walked over to the elevator that was opening, "but hey, he's you're best friend and you can't really blame him for taking advantage of your drunk, needy girlfriend, can we?" And with that she was gone.

I don't know why, but the thought made me angry and I began furiously walking towards our room. I basically ignored Kim when she commented, "I don't like her."

I walked into the room and pushed the door open and I don't know if it was the lack of certain garments of clothing or the fact that they were hugging, but I took what could have been an innocent situation completely wrong. "You fucking asshole," I walked over and hit Ricky.