That Girl

Sienna

I figure I had been sleeping for a while so I lifted my eyes and upon facing an unfamiliar ceiling I shot up because I had absolutely no recollection of last night. I looked down and I was in my bra and underwear and I was extremely suspicious as to what did happen. "Good," I heard someone say and I pulled the blanket up covering myself. I looked over and it was Ricky, he was laughing, "don't worry, nothing happened," he tossed a t-shirt at me. I quickly pulled it over my head and he took a sip of whatever he was drinking and looked up, "I'll get you some coffee."

He walked away and then came back with a cup and handed it to me. "Thanks," I looked up at him before taking a sip. As I swallowed the warm liquid I had to ask, "can you please clear things up for me, what happened last night?"

"Some amazing self control on my end," he praised himself. I just glared and he laughed knowing that is not what I meant. "Okay," he put his hands up defensively, "I don't really know what happened before, but when I found you, you were completely drunk hanging off one of the biggest douches I know." He shrugged, "so I left the girl that I was going to take advantage of to help you," he pointed, "you're welcome."

"Thanks," I said unsure, "but I'd really like to know why I woke up half naked."

He pointed, "that was all you." I raised my eyebrow and he continued, "I tried to look for Devin or Kim, but it didn't take long to figure out that looking for them and keeping an eye on you was impossible, you are that extremely flirty drunk, that's dangerous."

"That," I pointed, "is just my natural whimsical nature coming through on hyper-drive."

"Okay," he said sarcastically and continued, "so I figured there was physically no way I was going to get you to one of them so I decided I'd take you home, but Devin had the damn keys and I had to literally fight you for yours." I laughed and he glared at me, "you bit me."

I shrugged, "what can I say."

"Sorry," he raised his eyebrow and I just shrugged. He went on, "I finally got us home, had to carry you up here and then you turned on the stereo and basically became a stripper."

"Oh my god," I shook my head, "I am never drinking again."

He shrugged, "I didn't say it wasn't thoroughly entertaining, you could have a definite career."

I glared at him, "as a stripper?" I shook my head and just dropped it into my hands, "dear lord, what am I dong with my life." I looked up at him and sighed and muttered a second, "thanks."

"No big deal," he shrugged.

"It is," I looked at him, "besides the fact that you went on a few dates with my friend and then the whole Devin thing, we don't really know each other at all, I mean we've never even really talked, have we?"

"No," he shook his head, "but make no mistake that I did this for Devin." I nodded my head and he looked at me, "seriously, I'd like to know why in the hell you don't like him, I mean you won't even give him a fucking chance."

I shook my head, "I seriously can't understand why he still likes me."

"Me neither," he shook his head, "but the facts are that no matter how much I hate the way you've been treating him, I haven't seen him this happy in years, it's like somehow you gave him a purpose." I didn't know what to say, he was building this up in his mind. "Now I know this is probably going to end bad," Ricky continued, "since day one he's been building you up as perfection and that one stupid kiss, it's never going to be the same and you can't live up to it." He looked at me and shook his head, "I'm sorry to be harsh, but you don't deserve him."

"Please," I pointed toward the door as if he were there, "tell him that."

He shook his head, "it's impossible, everything I say, you do, it just makes him want you more."

"That's crazy," I shook my head.

"You're crazy," I looked up at him unsure and he continued, "for not liking him."

I laughed, "I do like him, a lot." He looked at me unsure and opened his mouth, but I had more to say, "and that kind of scares me, because no ones genuine anymore, what if its all an act." I stood up and walked over to the window, "I mean in the same night he said the sweetest thing I've ever heard and one of the worst." I turned back, crossed my arms and he leaned up against the window shaking his head, "how am I supposed to know which person he really is."

He looked at me unsure, "the person he's been this whole time, don't let one night counteract everything, especially since it was a night I told him to stop being nice." I raised my eyebrow and he shrugged, "well it didn't seem to be working, so I suggested he change it up."

"So take it on what," I looked at him, "faith, that he really is good."

"There's also my word," he said.

I laughed, "I think I'd rather just take it on faith."

He shook his head, "you've got some crazy trust issues don't you?" I did, the biggest mistake a person could make was trusting the wrong person. It was one of the few life lessons of my parents that I stuck to.

"I'm working on it," it was all I could say. He opened his mouth, but was cut off by a banging on the door. It was a sort of cackling voice that yelled out Devin's name from the other side. "Who's that," I looked at Ricky.

"Shit," he ran over to the bathroom and turned the water on and came back, "that's Devin's crazy ex, Medusa." I let out a small giggle and he stopped his frantic behavior and just smiled. "You have to answer the door," he looked at me.

"What," I looked at him.

"Trust me," he was excited, "nothing would bother her more than actually seeing that he's moved on." I was opening my mouth to protest and he cut me off, "it's just acting, play the part and piss her off, I'll be hiding in the bathroom."