That Girl

Devin

“Dude,” Ricky yelled at me from his bed, “you’ve been talking to her every day for the past, I don’t even know how long,” he looks at his watch as if it would help, “would you just ask her out already.”

I turned and scratched my head, “from what I’ve gathered she’s not interested in me.”

“She’s still putting up with you,” he said.

“I think she likes playing with me, because she still denies the kiss every time I bring it up and she avoids every attempt I make to meet her. She likes talking because she’s bored, but there’s no way I’ll ever see her.”

“You are ridiculous,” he said walking over, “you know where she goes to school and where she works, go visit her.”

I shake my head, “I’d never have a chance running at her school.” He looked at me expectantly and I continued, “and I don’t know which Rite Aid she works at and even if I did, I don’t know her hours.”

He walks over and sets out a piece of paper drawing a somewhat odd map and then marking x four times. He pointed to the furthest ones apart, “I presume either here or here.” I looked at him and he continued, “this one is by her house and this one is by her school. And I’d guess the evening shift, but if either of those ail I’d go to this one in Glendale first and then the one in La Crescent. I looked at him again confused, “both those are pretty close to her bus route.”

“How do you know that,” I said angrily.

“I figured it out from your stupid conversations,” he said throwing the map at me. “Now get up, get dressed and get out there.” He practically pushed me out the door.