Jimmy Sullivan Is Getting Married

Chapter Fourteen

“So you really are together?” She asked with a small smile, more like evil smile, on her face.

I felt Jane’s palm on mine and I looked at her. She looked straight ahead at Lauri and nodded her head, answering the question.

I was shocked to say the least. Okay, maybe not that shocked, just emotionally unprepared.

“The girl next door with the rockstar, I see how it is. Now Jimmy, I’ve always thought that you’d do good for yourself and move on to better things.” She said, this time, keeping her eyes tight on me.

This is why I don’t like reunions.

I looked around to my band members and also the fellow attendees that were there. Their eyes had locked on the scene between the three of us.

“Has she come so low as to notice you after you’re famous? Because from what I heard, you just got dumped a few weeks ago.” Lauri said, running her fingers on my shoulder.

Alright, that was degrading. Even for my standards on Jane. She might be a litte.. naïve, But Lauri still had no right to insult her like that. Only I had the right to do that.

“May I say something?” I asked, my eyes not meeting Lauri’s.

She nodded, that sick smile still on her face.

“Just because you’re rich, blonde and beautiful, and I mean that in a bad way, doesn’t mean that you can step all over one’s head. I see that most of you haven’t changed that attitude of yours.” I boomed.

She ignored me, the nerve, walking over to Matt and Val.

“Romeo and Julliet are still together, I see.” She stated, staring at the couple’s joint hands.

“And we’re very much in love, thank you for your time, you may leave now,” Matt sugested.

“Oh, no, but I still have a couple more people to review from this table…”

“Let’s see,” She continued, “Brian Haner and Michelle DiBenedetto, wow, more shocking then Jane and Jimmy.”

“Oh, was it so likely to happen, the guitarist and the slut.”

At that comment, Brian got up from his seat, fuming in rage, but Michelle and Matt held him down.

“You are one sick bastard, Parker. Never changed for the better, but for the worse, I see,” Megan commented.

“Oh, you’re one to say. You’re still the only one without someone beside you,” Lauri smirked.

“Well, I think my social life is much better then yours, seeing that you’re too overly jealous of all of us that you just had to come here and insult us,” Megan said, a mock of sympathy in her voice.

“Oh, you poor, poor soul,” Megan stated.

Lauri was dumbfounded, hell, even we were. It was a true fact, until now, that Megan had never talked back to Lauri Parker. She was known to stay silent after just one slight to Lauri. Megan was intimidated by her, put it simply. I know, hard to believe, right?

On her heel once again, Lauri flung her hair upwards, walking towards another table worth of tormentees.
♠ ♠ ♠
Heh, I know, a bit crappy and all over the place.
Sorry. =]
Comments?