Jimmy Sullivan Is Getting Married

Chapter One

“Can we see Mrs Sheridon please.” Brian asked politely at the man who had just opened the door.

“I believe you are the ones who’d come for the service?” He asked.

The rest of us nodded as he led us in into the old looking home filled with antiques.

“So, who’d like to go in first?” He asked.

Each of us looked at each other before deciding, Brian who had thought of this in the first place, should have the honour.

“Cowards..” He muttered as he followed the young man into the room.

An hour and a half later, it was finally my turn to get my fortune told.

“You’ve come a long way, my dear.” She said as I sat myself down comfortably on her wooden chair.

Well, she got that right. I have came a long way. My life’s just one big roller coaster waiting for another plunge. Okay, maybe this woman is what she claims to be.

“Traffic up here’s bad. They cancelled the public transport service for god knows what reason and now this place is deserted. Only those with vihicles come now-a-days.”

Oh, she hasn’t started yet, she was just trying to make conversation.

“So what’s your choice boy, ball or cards?”

“What?” I asked, hihgly confused at her question.

“Cystal Ball or Tarot Cards?” She asked again, her tone now irritable.

“Oh, uh, cards.”

“Right, whatever you do, do not drop these cards on the floor.” She instructed.

Must be bad luck to drop them or something.

“My back is bad,” She continued, “Doctor adviced that I shouldn’t bend too much.”

I looked awkwardly at her trying to calculate the saness of this woman.

“Right then, let’s start. Shuffle the cards then ask yourself a question. A question that would be answered by the cards, but don’t tell it to me, boy. I don’t need to know.”

Okay, so out of a million questions up there in my head like what I’m gonna eat tomorrow or when will I die, I picked, will I ever settle down and have a life with a woman I loved. Funny how your mind screws with you.

“Picked a question yet?” She asked.

I nodded silently.

She then started flinging the cards on the table at top speed. I didn’t know what any of the pictures meant but I knew it was all bullshit. Come on, how can someone predict your future by flinging coloured cards on the table and reading what it means according to an instruction manual. I’m gonna kill Brian for wasting my time on this. “Your question concerns your love life, am I correct, my boy?” she asked.

Okay, no, I was still not impressed.

Hell, I’m a young man who is clearly available and I’m a fucking rockstar. Jimmy Sullivan a.k.a The Reverend Tholomew Plaugue, of course I have concerns on my love life, which rockstar doesn’t?

“Yes.” I answered.

“You have been lucky in love but you have recently just gotten out of a serious relationship with a girl.”

Okay, maybe this is going somewhere..

“Don’t worry, my boy. Don’t waste your tears on her because I see another woman for you.” She stated, looking at the cards, “Marriage.”

“Really?” I asked.

“Yes, really.”

“When?” The curiousity got to me.

“Before the leaves have fallen on the ground for the second time, my boy.”

“..What?” I muttered.

“Before the four seasons have rolled a time and half a time again,” She said, smiling.

“I still don’t get it.”

“In a year.” She stated, annoyed.

A year? That’s so soon, my life’s gonna go down the drains if I marry that early.

“Can’t it be more then a year?” I asked.

“I do not ordain this matters, boy. I read them. Take it or leave it.” I nodded and left the room in thought.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for the comments. =)
More would be good. Thank you !