Jimmy Sullivan Is Getting Married

Chapter Twenty

“Megan,” Jimmy sobbed softly from the other line, “Gena, sh-she didn’t make it.”

“What?!” Was the only response that she could master.

Flipping her phone shut, she started throwing in all her materials in her lugauge, as fast as possible in order to get back to L.A.

She had only gone for a few days, going to Hong Kong to compete in the X Games; Asia. She was competing in the woman’s big air skateboarding competition.

Yes, a skater is her proffesion, and she loved it. Through it, she had learned the splits and pains, in both life and the ramp.

She had actually thought of withdrawing from the competition. She felt that something bad would or could happen if she went. But the guys, they encouraged her to go, be a sport, win it. Win the title for Gena. They promised that they were all going to take care of her and that Megan need not worry.

Proven that a woman’s intuition is always right.

On the other side of the globe, Jimmy drove reclessly, biting his lips, his stomach twisting and turning. He had just found out that Gena, one of his best friends, was dead. He had called Megan a couple of minutes ago, her reaction, he cannot explain. So many things ran through his mind right now. The distraught caught up, he broke down.

The tears he couldn’t keep back any longer, he let it go. He felt that it was unfair. Unfair that someone whom he has known for almost half his life had just gone. It was hard for him, he thought, but how hard is it for Zachary?

Gena changed Zachary. In a good an positive way. Zacky used to be one of those guys that picked up girls like trashbags, dumping them after good shag. You could say that Gena had taught him a lesson or two about treating woman with respect.

The girls, the lost of someone that important to them, they were at lost. Val couldn’t stop crying, Lacey tried to be the strong one, failing misserably, Jane, trying to calm the rest dow,n, acting as a rock for the boys and the girls, as being known as the collected one. And Michelle, sobbing harshly, thinking about both the loss and her currently missing in action boyfriend.

Brian lost control over his emotions. He still was blaming himself, even after a lot of persuasuion from the others and the most from Zachary, that it wasn’t his fault that this happened. But he didn’t listen. Once he heard about the death, he ran off. He wasn’t at the hospital, he wasn’t with Michelle. No one knew where he was. Most probably off the beaten track.

Zacky. He wasn’t crying. He just stood there, in silence, in dissapointment, in sorrow. He couldn’t imagine a life without Gena. He had loved her like he loved no one. Nothing else had mattered except for her. He had even made a promise that once she woke up, he will propose to her and they will be married.

It did not happen.
♠ ♠ ♠
How was it?
Coments? =]