Jimmy Sullivan Is Getting Married

Chapter Twenty Two

Zachary Baker lay on his back in front of me, sleeping soundly. Tear stains trailed his face, leading down to the damp pillow.

The bed sunk as I put my weight on it. I began stroking my best friends hair, thinking about the few days that have past. It was hard. Very hard. But we knew that we had to get over our selfish selves and be strong. It’s not as if crying would bring back the dead, right?

“Gena?” He mummered, eyes squinting to meet mine.

“It’s Megan, Zack.”

“Wha-What?” He asked, his eyes buldging then him sitting up.

“I’m sorry, Meg,” He apologised.

“It’s okay,” I soothed, stroking his arm, “We’re all worried about you Zacky.”

He nodded, “I know, I’m sorry. I just don’t have the courage to get out of my room now.”

“Zacky, you need to get over this, it’s been a week,” I said.

“Yeah, that’s the thing, Megan. It has only been a week. I can’t try to forget her so soon.”

“I’m not rushing you, Zacky. I’m just saying.”

“I know. Thanks,” He said, lying on his back once more.

“Well, I’m gonna go down stairs, and I’m not leaving, if that’s what you’re hoping for,” I warned.

He groaned.

“Clean yourself up, Zacky,” With that, I closed his door walking down to the living room.

“How’d you get in here in the first place?” A voice asked an hour later.

I had been lounging in his living room, stuffing myself with popcorn and MTV. Hey, an hour is all I need to grow fat.

“I picked your lock.”

“Lock? Without the ‘s’, lock?”

I smiled, “Okay, fine, I picked your ‘locks’”

He smiled, the first I’d seen in the entire week, and sat down next to me.

“Aww, look at that. You smiled, there’s an improvement.”

“Shuddup.”

“Zacky,” I started, “why didn’t Gena, or you, tell us about her condition?”

He sighed, “We knew that if we told you guys, you guys would be worried about the both of us. We didn’t need your pity.”

“And that’s why you guys hid it from us? So that we won’t pity you?”

Zacky shook his head, “You know how it is. If we keep it between us, we knew that the news would not spread. Even her mother didn’t know about the cancer, Megan. What makes you think that she’d give me permission to tell you guys? It’s her life.”

I nodded, “I see. You could’ve still enlightened us, though.”

“You’re being stubborn, Megan. Get over it,” He said, running up the flight of stairs and slamming the door of his room.
♠ ♠ ♠
thanks, crys! =]

What ya think?
Oh, and sorry lei, he's not naked.