Jimmy Sullivan Is Getting Married

Chapter Thirty Two

I sat in my living room, confused of what was happening. Just a few seconds ago, my cousin announced that she was pregnant. And was thinking of getting an abortion.

“You are fucking mad,” I muttered, not looking at her.

“Sarah, you can’t do that! It’s not the baby’s fault! Hell, Brandon can be a bloody idiot all he wants but please, don’t give up the baby because of him!” Melissa said, almost in tears.

“Mother fuck, Sarah, let me be an auntie!” She continued.

“It’s not about getting back at Brandon, Melissa. It’s about me. It’s about this,” she said, pointing to her stomach, “How do you expect me to go through life with it? I’m not ready!”

“But you’re killing an innocent life, Sarah!” Mel argued.

All this information was too much for me. Tousands of millions of questions were running through my head, why? How? Why does she choose to do this?
All unanswered.

“You guys have to understand,” Sarah said, sobbing lightly, looking at the both of us, “It’s not only about me. I’m only starting out, guys. My career hasn’t even taken off yet, how do you expect I raise a kid?”

“We’ll help, Sarah! We will!”

“Yeah, but for how long?” Her sobs became harsher, “I can’t depend on you guys for eternity, to raise my own flesh and blood! I’m just not ready for this....”

I sighed, “Sarah has a point, Mel.”

“But Megan…”

She tried to argue, but to no avail. Sarah has made up her mind, clearly.

“Jimmy, tell me what I should do,” I pleaded, sitting on his sofa three hours after.

He shrugged, “It’s Sarah’s choice, Megan. If she wants to abort it then we can’t do anything.”

“Yes we can!” I argued, “We can try to stop her. Jimmy, my best friend just died. I don’t want another innocent life to go just like that.”

“Gena’s case isn’t the same as what Sarah’s going through.”

“Yes it is. It involves death.”

“Megan…”

“Look, all I need now is to get all of your support on this. You, Matt, Zacky, Brian, Johnny, Michelle, Val, Lacey. And most importantly, Melissa,” I said.

“But what are you gonna do about it? We can’t raise the kid, Megan, non of us can,” Jimmy reasoned.

“We can try. Jimmy, I know it’s not mine and I know that Sarah hates being in this position. But don’t tell me that she hates the baby so much to the extent of wanting to kill it.”

Jimmy shook his head, “It’s not about hating the baby or not. You’ve got to be practical about it, Megan.”

“Be practical about what? Killing another human being when it’s not even out of it’s mother’s womb?”

“Fine, then I’ll support you. Babe, you know I do. But the choice is not with us. Sarah has all the right to it.”

“But she’s pregnant and she’s not in the right state of mind!” I argued.

“Megan,” He warned.

I sighed, “Fine.”

“Look, I’ll bring something up, instead of abortion. Maybe put it up as a foster child, or maybe up for adoption?”

I nodded, smiling.

At least it’s going to some good cause.

“There ya go, now there’s a smile on your face,” Jimmy teased.

I shook my head, “Shuttup.”
♠ ♠ ♠
hah, okay.
i'm on a roll.
done for today. =)
comments?