Jimmy Sullivan Is Getting Married

Chapter Six

February Ninth, 2008. I was supposed to have a birthday bash in my crib tonight. But because of last minute rescheduling, the party just had to be postponed/canceled.

Walking into Perfect Love, I felt the jitters going down my spine.
Tonight was the night that was planned for me to have that ‘date’ with that ‘special’ someone. Special someone my ass, made me leave my own birthday party.

“Sullivan, you’re early.” Jane said, walking out of the back of the shop.

“Haven’t you been taught proper manners?” I asked bitterly.

She glared at me.

“Just here for my date,” I said defesively, “she late?” I asked.

Jane shook her head as she took up a file, “As I’ve said, you’re early. Now you hafta wait.” On her heel once again, she walked away.

I rolled my eyes at her and went on to take a seat on one of the recliners. For an office, the place seems homey. Well, we’re talking about the same Jane that I went to high school with so, to sum it up, she hadn’t changed. That much.

“So, tell me a bit about this woman I’m meeting,” I said, my voice echoing the rooms.

“Well,” Jane’s voice boomed, coming from the back once again, “she’s a little younger then you. Has a degree in law. She loves your music but doesn’t consider herself a fan. I’m hoping she’ll be alright for your first date.”

I nodded.

“What about some basic information?” I asked, being sarcastic.

“What’d you mean?” Jane asked, coming out from the kitchen, looking at me completely clueless.

“Along the lines, you forgot to mention her name..” I said, and smirked at her.

“Oh, oh. Uh.. Her name’s Maurine.”

I looked at her weirdly, “Maurine? What kindda name is that?”

“The name that was given to me in honour of my grandmother.” A soft voice answered from behind me.

My head twisted around to see a girl, age not more then twenty two in a black dress with a white shaul draped around her shoulders. Etrancing blue eyes, she had, with cherry red lips and cream coloured cheeks. If I continue, I think I’d have to produce another song.

“I-I’m sorry.” I stuttered, standing up, extending my hand to her.

“It’s okay. I get that a lot.” She smiled, oh how it made me melt.

“My name’s James, by the way.”

She nodded, “I know who you are. Jimmy Sullivan, rockstar extrodinaire. Nice to meet you.” She said, shaking my hand.

“Well, looks like you two have met. Now run along, you’re gonna be late for your dinner reservations.”

I nodded my head towards Jane curtly and took Maurine’s hand in mine.

Walking out of the little shop, my stomach filled with more butterflies.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hoped you liked it. =]
Comments ?