Jimmy Sullivan Is Getting Married

Chapter Seven

The night was great, well, so far anyway. We had dinner at The Ivy, then heading out to have a walk around town for coffee. We ended up at a local starbucks, both high in laughter.

“Wow, so how’s it like, being a rockstar and stuff?” She asked, her ever so wide smile brightening the room.

I shrugged, “It gets a little hectic. But we’ve gotten used to it.”

She nodded.

“So, what about you? Are you working or are you still studying?” I asked.

“I’m still trying to get that law degree. Three more years and I’m out of Uni. Hopefully, with that degree in tow.” She answered.

“You’re deffinitely getting it, being so smart and deligent.” I commented.

She blushed.

“You’re too kind, Jimmy.” She smiled.

“So, you’re a big shot, what made you join a matchmaking agency?” She questioned.

“Well, my best friend got this crazy idea that it was time for me to settle down.” I said, lying through my teeth, “so I joined this. And part of it is also because Jane is one of my best friends and shee needed a guinea pig to test this on, and here I am.”

“How about you?” I asked.

“I have no idea, really. I thought that I’d be so busy with my work that I’d have no time to socialise. At least with this, I have to go out since I’m paying for it.”

I nodded.

“It’s hard to meet men that are honest now a days. Through this, you can really see that someone is ready to settle down.” She continued.

“Yeah.” I agreed.

I sighed getting out of my car. I didn’t regret going out tonight, it’s been proven that I had the best birthday ever. Okay, that’s a lie. The best birthday ever was when I was eighteen and the guys and girls threw me this awesome surprise party at the beach. Now that was what you called a real party.

I began thinking of the night I had while walking up the driveway to my door.
I saw a figure there and if I didn’t know any better, I’d think it was another one of those crazed fan girls.

The figure’s head tilted a bit, hair covering the owner’s face. Since it was dark, I couldn’t really figure out who it was at a distance.

I marched closer, taking a second look.

“Megan?” I asked, brushing away the strands of hair in her face.

Her eyes were closed and she looked really tired.

I poked her a couple more times to wake her but failed. I did the only thing possible in the situation; carried her into the house and dump her in one of those spare rooms available.

Great day, a brithday, the best date and an unconcious friend on your doorstep.
♠ ♠ ♠
Oh, thank god this is out, I have so much to do..

Comments?
I really need some reviews on this.