Jimmy Sullivan Is Getting Married

Chapter Eight

Rubbing the sleep from my eyes, I tumbled down the flight of stairs.
My mind is still wandering off on yesterday night’s events. For some reason, I can’t shake off the warm feeling Maurine had left on me. It’s impossible.

I saw Megan seated on the bar stool in the kitchen, her face in her cereal, muching on it quickly.

“Oh, Sleeping Beauty has risen.” I said, iterupting her from her morning manifestations.

She raised her head and got off the stool instantly as she laid eyes on me.

In a few seconds, I was tackled to the ground by the huge hug she gave.

“Oh god, oh god, oh god, HAPPY TWENTY SEVENTH BIRTHDAY JAMES OWEN SULLIVAN!” She shouted, her face still inches away from mine.

Do you know how loud she can get?

At this pace, very.

“My birthday was yesterday midget, get off.”

As if handling a child, I carried Megan off me by her armpits. You should’ve seen the look on her face when I did that.

“Just because you’re taller then everyone else doesn’t give you the right to call everyone a midget.” She muttered, getting up and getting on the bar stool once again.

“So, how was last night?” Megan asked as I search my cabinets for a bowl.

“Top cabinet, right hand corner,” She said, looking at my despair.

It’s a wonder why she knows my house better then I do.

“Thanks.” I said, trying to manuever the conversation.

“You still haven’t answered my question, James.”

I shrugged, “It was okay.”

Once again, I was lying through my teeth.

“Fucking liar.” Megan said, pointing her spoon towards me.

I rolled my eyes, “And why would I lie about that?”

“If, I quote, “It was okay,” you would’ve called me for back-up. Everyone knows your okay defines suck ass.” She said.

“Now tell me, she was great wasn’t she?” Her brows raised in curiosity.

“…Yeah,” I admitted.

She was more then great. She was fantastic. She was drop dead gorgeous. She was smart. She’s in fucking Uni for fuck’s sake. I didn’t even finish High School. But of course, me being the egoistical man that I am, am not going to admit any of that to my best friend.

“Now what did I tell you?”

Weird kid goes on and praises herself.

I shook my head at her childishness.

“So, since you missed that party we’d been planning for you last night, why not we do it Saturday?”

Once again, I shook my head, this time in disaproval.

“Sorry kiddo, I’ve got a date set for that night.”

“Are you guys going to have a meal down in some lavish restaurant or something?” She asked.

“Nah, we’re just gonna grab a couple of coffees at Starbucks. We want it to be free and easy. Well, mostly free.”

“Cheap ass.” She muttered.

A couple of moments lasted after that comment.

Then, a smirk played a upon her face, “Why not…”
♠ ♠ ♠
Aww, thanks for the uplifting comments.
Appreciated!

Oh, and you know what I want, Comments, please ? =]