Status: I'm Sorry I'm So Indecisive. (:

Lilith

People die. It's not hard to believe. Everyone dies sometime in their life.

But not everyone stays dead. Strigoi, for example, are the only creatures walking Earth who are immortal, walking dead. They're vampires, like Moroi and dhampirs, but they're...different. By choosing to take a life for immortality in the most painful way possible, they've lost their civility. They can no longer walk in the sunlight with everyone else. They've lost every ounce of humanity, and that makes them truly dangerous, because they kill mercilessly for blood and fun. Their prime target: taking down Moroi royal families.

Moroi are the pure-blooded vampires who descend from one or more of the nine royal families--Badica, Conta, Dashkov, Dragomir, Drozdov, Ivashkov, Lazar, Ozera, and Zeklos. They need blood for sustenance and have been gifted with the power to manipulate a single element: earth, air, fire, water, or spirit. In all other ways, they're just like humans though. They still need formal food, and they get injured just like anyone. Exposure to sunlight does drain their energy, but it won't kill them. You kill them just like you kill any other human.

As for the dhampirs...well, they're the half-human, half-vampire hybrids, trained in academies both physically and mentally to become guardians. Dhampirs can choose to live among the humans, if they don't want to become guardians, but the life is usually looked down upon. They don't thirst for blood and they're probably the most similar to humans in both habit and appearance. A guardian's sole purpose is to protect Moroi from Strigoi and keep the royal families alive.

And then there's the Alchemists. They're not vampires; they're humans. The Alchemists are the secret society who believe that the two worlds, vampire and human, should be kept separate. They believe that vampires are unnatural and unholy, but no one's starting any wars. They've got the bad end of the deal, as I see it, cleaning up after the vampires and keeping them in order. My father and brother are Alchemists, and that's how I got into this mess.

My name is Lily, and I'm the first human-turned-vampire in the history of...well...history.

Disclaimer: I do not own the novel Vampire Academy and I do not own Richelle Mead's characters. I do, however, own my characters and the plot line that I've created. As you read, you might find that my world is not like hers even though some of her characters and names may be similar, and that's because this is my story and I can do whatever I want with it. Have fun reading.