Perky, Cheesy and Damn Irresistible

nothing's change

It's been four weeks since Harry last saw Sam. He was shifting.

Being just friends. How was Harry Styles suppose to cope with that thought? The idea lingered around in his head - it was torture. Harry fished out his mobile, checking the time for the hundredth time. Bizarre as it is, Harry was at the CD shop across his flat. The same silver bell rung above his head as he walked through the similar clear doors. The same employee gave him the familiar greeting. The same memories came rushing across his eyes.

Harry rushed his fingers through the list of artist along the stands, pushing his auburn long sleeve to his forearms. Still on the shelves, Climax by Usher. He loved that album. Harry first gave it a ear from Liam. For some reason, Harry suddenly felt Sam's presence. Her vanilla perfume was going through the thin air, giving Harry a small chill. He imaged her medium length hair falling down her back. He was going mental.

"Do you need any help with that?" a small voice appeared behind him. He nearly jumped at her pitch. It wasn't an English accent, and it was too soft. He was truly going mental.

Why would I need help with a record? Harry thought bitterly. Tapping his fingers against the disc, Harry turned around to face the naïve employee.

"Sam?" Harry echoed. He started to swallow down his diet Coke slowly, dropping his eyes to his shoes. He felt the warm blood rush beneath his cheeks, giving him a hint of color in his cheeks.

Sam stared at Harry, feeling her knees about to give up on her. The back of her hand had a small itch, giving Harry the impression of anxiety. She scratched the back of her neck lightly, licking her lips. Before she said anything, she was certain it was Harry. The lose curls going in all directions was his dead give-a-way. She was just hoping she was wrong. Fortunately, it was Harry Styles.

"What are you doing here?" Harry asked, eyeing her green polo shirt and grey slacks. Sam's hair was pulled into a loose bun, ready to fall out of its place. A few strands were behind her ear, exposing her number of piecings on her right ear. His voice was evened, balancing his breathing.

"I work here now," Sam said. Her eyes were tracing the tiles below her, clutching onto the stack of magazines in her tiny hands.

"Yeah?" Harry smiled slightly, giving Sam a small slap in the face. She reminded herself for the hundredth time that she thought about being friends. She was the one who ended things with Harry. Yet, she was the one feeling like crap. Sam knew Harry was flying with the birds.

"Yes," Sam nodded. "I needed a job for personal reasons."

Sam brought the useless gossip trees to a rack, walking away from Harry before she could hear what he had to say. Of course One Direction was on one of the covers. She imaged Harry to follow her steps but he didn't. Without thinking about it, Sam started flipping through the pages. She stumbled with a small article of Harry Styles from Fabulous Magazine. She couldn't resist. Ever since her breakup with him, Sam felt like she needed to occupy herself with these articles on Harry. It brought her joy in an unhealthy way.

Half way done scanning the report on him, she felt a pair of footsteps echo through her ears. She slapping closed the magazine and felt her cheeks warm up. Sam was flushed, thinking it was her boss coming over towards her.

"Can we start over?" Harry whispered. After a second of silence, Harry smiled. "I'm Harry."

Sam sighed, but couldn't help but turn around. "I'm Sam."

"Nice to meet you Sam. How about we go get some food on your break, yeah?" Harry tried, bringing his fingers into his jean pockets. He starts to rock on his heels, hoping for a simple yes. Sam blinked, crushing her eyebrows together.

"C'mon," Harry begged. "A new start, remember?"

The same familiar smirk surfaced his lips. Something Sam missed and loved. Yet, she knew she had to forget about him in that same subject.

Image


Sam knew she had to ask him. After stopping at the nearest diner, Sam couldn't remember the moment she actually felt like having a decent meal with Harry. The same smile grew on her face, realizing that Harry was a compeer to her. He was always a friend to her. Just not as close as before. On the other shoe, she knew she couldn't really trust Harry as she did before. Reasons she will not surface, but also for what Niall told her the other day. The moment Niall spoke of him, Sam knew it wasn't going to be a good story. The thought of Harry at a bar was horrid. Just another reason not to trust Harry.

"How's your grand?" Harry asked as he stuffed some mash potatoes into his mouth also with a piece of steak. It was medium rare, something Sam despised. He looked down to her, smiling slightly.

"Healthy," Sam smiled, mostly to herself. She felt her fingers tap against her thighs, as she tried to look him into the eyes.

"That's good," Harry nodded.

Sam, pulling her napkin to her lips, gave her cheeseburger one last bite. She sipped down her Sprite quickly, feeling it pass her chest. By the look on Harry's face, Sam could image his children with that cheeky grin of his.

"So," Sam started.

"So..." Harry said slowly, bringing his head back up to Sam.

"I read an article about you." Sam finally spit out. "I was wondering..."

"No, I do not have four nipples," Harry interrupted her with a fork towards her direction. Sam let out a small chuckle, shaking her head. Harry smirked, "They just happen to look like nipples."

"I was wondering if you really are bisexual." Sam said that too quickly, feeling her cheeks flush. She knew she shouldn't have said anything by the look on his face.

Harry stared wide eyed at Sam, tightening his jaw. He wrinkled his nose, taking one last sip of water.

"I shouldn't have asked that," Sam mumbled. "I'm sorry."

Harry shook his head. "It's alright. I don't mind."

Sam swallowed, thinking that Harry was hurt inside. Just witnessing his expression change in a mid second was a punch in the face. Sam was stupid inside and out. Pushing his plate to the side, Harry placed his forearms on the table lightly. The weight shifted to his side, bringing him the stand.

"How much did you read?" Harry asked, watching her shrug. "I am openly bisexual and I'm not afraid to be. Did you see when the magazine was released?"

Sam shook her head, tightening her lips into a straight line.

"Towards the end of November," Harry said.

The same time Sam and Harry called it quits.

Sam brought her beverage to her lips, lowering her eyes. Looking at her watch, it was a quarter until one. Scratching one of her eyebrows, Sam knew she had to go soon.

"What are you thinking about?" Harry asked quietly.

Sam licked her lips, "About how the you are still same person to me." Her voice was soft.

Harry swallowed, "We should do this again." He was leaning forward, trying to hold up a small smile.

"Just friends." Sam nodded, feeling like utter crap.
♠ ♠ ♠
A little light with the two munchkins. lol why can't they just be together already?! haha I don't want them together yet because of.. well, I can't tell but you'll find out soon. :)

Also, I was writing this while eating grapes and listening to More Than This and Tell Me a Lie. Tell me that coinkydink. c:

On another note, he's just my sexy cake pop.
Image