Perky, Cheesy and Damn Irresistible

can you shut up, now

“Do you, by any chance, know that person over there?” Taylor said to Harry, pointing at the mad man calling his name loudly.

Harry squinted at the dime figure, trying to analyze who Taylor was talking about. His hand was resting in hers, only making his hand more moist than usual. Taylor was unbelievably close to his own side. She clung onto his coat, gripping to a point her finger nails pierced into her palm. Her breath was heating against his neck, making him hold his own.

“Is that,” she started, motioning her neck towards the man still shouting Harry's name, “Niall?”

“It can't be,” Harry murmured, watching his mate move slowly towards them.

Harry knew it was Niall, he didn't believe it but it was him. Niall was happily making his way up the walkway, holding Sam's small fingers nicely. A small smile crept on his face, looking at her with his soft baby clue eyes. Sam seemed to have the same energy, letting herself go with his goofy self. There was something about his uneven smile that made her forget the world.

Harry wanted to push Niall into that fishpond they were passing. But of course, he'd never do that. Or, what he thought. He seemed to get the best of him when Taylor had asked him why his fingers were suddenly so tense.

“It's nothing,” he cooed.

His palms had an odd itch, pulling his fingers towards it. The sun was directly pointing at his direction, making his neck drip slightly.

“Hey guys, nice seeing you two here,” Niall said, holding that same crooked smile like other days.

“Surprise, surprise.” Harry caught Sam's eyes by accident, only shaking his head at her. She flushed, quickly looking down from Harry.

Niall looped his arm around Sam's, pulling her closer to his body. Sam started to feel his scent rub off on her, making her head spin vaguely. She hated body spray on guys. Major turn off: it was a lack of confidence.

“Hey,” Taylor said, titling her head slightly in the crowd, as if they didn't notice her. She looked directly at Sam, glazing at her with her signature smile. “I don't think we've met.”

“Sam,” she nodded, loosing more interest. She stared at her, noticing how Taylor held on to Harry like a leash. It as if he was going to run away from her.

“What are you two doing here?” Harry forced a smile, eyeing Sam softly.

“Same as you two,” Niall answered. He laughed, “Isn't that why we're all here, to see some penguins and tigers?”

“Of course,” Taylor smiled. “What's more fun than this? A double date sounds like fun.”

“What?” Both Sam and Harry jumped.

Niall patted her hand and smiled, “The zoo is fun place to hang out with friends.”

Nice one, Irishman.

“I’m going to get a soda, want one?” Sam asked Niall softly. Who can handle that much awkwardness in less than 10 minutes? With a small no, she left with no other hesitation.

“I’m thirsty too,” Harry said. “Be back in a flash.”

He started to trace Sam's steps, catching up on her on the way. He seemed to loose his breathe on his way, trying to keep up. Harry knew Niall and Taylor were watching them, curious of course. He didn’t care. Sam and Harry both walked up to the small line to the nearest vendor, keeping their distance closely.

“How could you?” Harry hissed, hovering over Sam, reaching for her shoulders. “My own mate.”

Sam swallowed hard, pointing her index finger on his hard chest. She regained her strength and pushed him with that small finger.

“You're saying this is all my fault?” Sam frowned, still trying to hold that hard glaze on him. “You're the one who started dating her!”

“So, what you're telling me is that you're jealous?” Harry whispered, his face looking disgusted. His nostrils flared before he spoke again. “Unreal, you were the one who broke up with me.”

“Tell me something I don't know, pretty boy.”

Sam shook her head, cursing amongst herself. Harry was being his cocky self, only thinking about himself like always. She wanted him to leave her alone. Sam didn't even know what she saw in him in the first place.

She flinched, hearing Harry's nasty ringtone echo in his pockets. He fished it out, only placing back in its original hold.

“Who's that? Another chick ready to get shagged by you?” Sam mocked, crossing her arms with an eye roll.

Harry ignored her, walking to the front of the line. He bought a Coke and popped open the can. He sucked in the juice pretty loud, making Sam scoot away from him.

“Or was it another date you're planning on blowing off because you got tired of her?” Sam spit, slightly aware of her words.

“Can you just shut up?” Harry snapped, taking a heavy sigh. He held his can tightly, making his thumbs red by the second. “You're really getting on my last nerve.”

Sam bought a Coke, sipped, and smirked. “That makes two of us, Styles.”

“You know, I've put up with you for a long time. I was only being nice.”

Sam stared at Harry, frowning slightly. “What you're saying is that you were only pitying me when we were together?”

Harry sighed, realizing the crap he said. He took a step forward, making her take another back. “I didn't mean it like-“

“No, I know exactly what you meant.”

She turned her heels, feeling the warm tears fall. Her fingers curled to her side, forming a small fist. Her cheeks were red, burning. She couldn't believe he made her feel this way.

“You know Harry, you are a lot of things.” Sam coughed, feeling her eyes loose its vision. She sniffed before she spoke again. “But I never thought you'd be the kind of person you were afraid to be.”

“Sam.”

“Harry, can you shut up? You're really getting on my last nerve.
♠ ♠ ♠
Happy New Years!

Damn, you must hate me for making Harry and Sam hate each other all over again. ;)

Keep the comments coming! :)

C.S.R c: