Perky, Cheesy and Damn Irresistible

nothing lasts forever

Harry, I’m so sorry.

Her voice tickled Harry’s throat, hearing her soft voice echo through his eardrums.

Harry stood quietly behind Sam, watching her back face him. She was slightly leaning over something, cupping it in her hands. Harry made his way towards her, trying to even out his breathing. Each step closer, his hands would move fiercely towards his hair. His eyes would shift around him, checking if anyone was watching them.

Harry sighed, furrowing his eyebrows together. “Why’d you do it, Sam? I thought you… I started to…”

“I did.” Sam whipped her head back, looking at Harry. Her eyes spoke of tears, making Harry more anxious. “You don’t understand how hard this is for me.”

“What’s not to understand?” Harry hissed. He shook his head. “I don’t understand. It all doesn’t come together! You hated me in the beginning, then you started to open up to me. I actually thought you were different. You were so sweet and down to earth. Your grandmother made me feel like I was special enough to be with you. And now I find out that you were lying to me? I don’t understand.

Sam lowered her head, shaking it slightly. “Harry, I’m sorry.”

“I know that,” Harry sighed. “I want to know why you were pretending to like me.”

Sam swallowed, her eyes unfocused on Harry’s face. She bit down onto her bottom lips, feeling her palms moist up. Sam knew he deserved an answer. She hated the fact of hurting him.

“Harry, I wasn’t lying about our relationship.”

“But…”

“I did it for money,” she cut him off. “I became a journalist because I needed the money to support my grandmother. I couldn’t hold a stable job in the states so I took something that was easy to get a hold of. I posted online for job offers, then someone contacted me about becoming a journalist here in the UK. I thought it’d be good because my grandmother stayed her. When I got here, they assigned me to follow you around. They gave me specific notes to get any gossip from you.

“I was suppose to be undercover. You weren’t suppose to notice me. But that day I met you at the airport, you running into me like a jerk, I knew you were going to be trouble. And that was the number one reason I despised you. After running into you a couple of times, I knew it wasn’t just a coincidence.

“My boss told me I had to spice it up in order for me to get what I wanted, the gossip. But you started to change. You were different. You asked me out on a couple of dates, I met some of your friends, your mom was sweet, and you trusted me. It killed me because of the betrayal. I wanted to forget about my job because I started to fall for you. But nothing lasts forever.

“My boss got a hold of me and told me to break it off. If I didn’t, she’d do worst. And guess what, she did. She sent Taylor to you to make me feel bad, and she got want she wanted. I gave her the gossip, but she never exactly published them. If I didn’t do what she said, she threatened me to broadcast them.

“I’m sorry, Harry.”

Harry watched as the cool breeze rushed past Sam’s hair. Her hands were stuffed into her pockets, her eyes still looking down. She had a small frown on her face, as a small tear drop rolled across her cheek.

She knew it was all over.

“Sam.”

He walked closer to her, almost catching her sweet breathe.

“No Harry.”

He frowned.

“You can’t forgive me.” Sam sniffed.

“Why?” he managed to bring out.

“I’m leaving.” Sam swallowed. “I’m leaving back to the states. My boss wants me to work on some things back in California.”

Sam looked up at Harry, realizing a giant hole was forming in his chest. She felt more tears surfacing, making her legs weaker by the second.

She whispered, “Good bye.”

Harry gasped, calling out her name. “Please, don’t go.”

Sam shook her head and whispered, “I’m sorry.”
♠ ♠ ♠
It's not over yet! Please subscribe to Lackadaisical for more Harry and Sam. I'm working on the prologue and such. (: It'd mean a lot to me! And, thanks for all the love you did to this story. I couldn't be more happier. :)

Thanks again! x
Image