Status: Work In Progress

Life's a Bitch, but I'm Friends with Her Sister

Chapter 13

JORDAN’S POV

“I need to talk to you. Like, now.” Those were the only words that I greeted Rian with the next morning at school. Nobody had hung out last night so I hadn’t had a chance to see Rian and there was no way that the conversation that’s about to occur was happening over the phone or text messages.

“Well, here I am, talk away.” Rian said with a laugh while turning around to face me.

“Alone.” I muttered, looking around the circle to see Jack and Mike stood, continuing their conversation without Rian while I talked to him. My response sure did wipe the smile off his face. Our group very rarely kept secrets from each other and the second that I’d said it had to be a private conversation Rian knew it would be about Alex.

“Right… Guys I’ll be back in a minute, I need to go and help Jordan get something from his locker for first period.” Rian played off easily to the rest of the group. They nodded and smiled, giving us a quick bye before we were on our way and walking down the hallway. When I was sure that we were out of sight from the rest of the group I grabbed Rian by the arm and pulled him down a hallway leading out onto the back field. There was no way I was risking anybody overhearing this conversation, especially not Adam, if Adam overheard this Alex would never live it down and I’d never be able to forgive myself. After about two minutes of pushing through groups of people, earning a few dirty looks in the process, we’d made it to the deserted back field and onto the bleachers.

“What happened to him and why is it so important that you’d need to almost rip my arm out of its socket?” Rian asked me as soon as we’d sat ourselves down.

“Yeah, sorry about your arm, I honestly didn’t mean to pull it that hard. But yeah, back to why I brought you out here. It’s not exactly something to do with anything Alex has done or something that has happened to him; it’s that Tay’s onto us and you and I both know that Tay will tell the others and we need to think of some kind of excuse for why we’ve been acting differently lately.” I spoke all in one rushed go. Rian sat looking at me with his mouth hanging open. Rian wasn’t stupid so he knew that we had to act fast if we wanted to keep everyone else from knowing for a little while longer. We were both silent for a few minutes before Rian opened his mouth to speak.

“We could say that I’ve been tutoring you and you didn’t want anyone to know? That covers us two but we’ll need something to say about Alex. I mean, he’s still fairly new here so we could put it down to nerves and shyness but for some reason I don’t think Tay is going to buy that. She’s smarter than she lets on and if she does believe it then she’s only going to believe it for about a week or so before she starts digging for more ‘gossip’ again.” Rian spoke. I nodded in agreement, that was probably our best plan for now, but it wouldn’t work forever. However, it would buy us some time to think of a better plan and to come up with a more believable excuse that can continue on from our first excuse.

“Right, so that’s the plan for that sorted, but there’s one more side to this and this side is mainly down to you.” I told him. He looked rather surprised when I said that there was something else, obviously wondering what could run on from keeping Alex safe and be as important as that. After a few seconds he nodded at me to continue on.

“We need to find out some more information from Alex about what exactly goes on. I know he’s told us quite a lot already and that we need to be careful with what we ask so we don’t push our luck, but there’s got to be more to it than what he’s told us already.” I explained. Rian once again nodded and looked at me to continue.

“Obviously we know about the abuse at home and the bullying at school because of his sexuality, but I really think there’s more behind it and there’s more things that happened to him while he was still in England that he’s not told us about. These things will be big and they’ll be something that’s causing him to still feel as depressed as he was back in England. I mean, with parents like his, he’s going to be upset a lot and will develop depression and maybe some other kind of disorder, but considering his life friendship wise and school wise is a million times better here than it was in Essex he should be at least feeling a bit happier. It’s horrible to think about but we really need to find out more about Alex’s past before we can help him properly. But that’s down to you, Rian. He trusts you more than he trusts me, you have this bond, I don’t know how to explain it but he’s just taken a liking to you and you can tell that if he were to tell anybody anything, you’d be the person he’d tell.” I finished.

Rian was sat processing everything. I could tell from the look on his face that he was trying to piece together all of the information we had already and try and work out what might have happened to Alex in the past, but when he finally looked up at me with a blank expression I knew that he’d thought of nothing. He let out a large sigh while running a hand down his face before directing his attention back to me.

“You’re right. I’ll try and talk to him one night when nobody else is there and we’re at my house or something. He’s more likely to tell me something like that if we’re alone and there’s not a chance that his parents could walk in on him crying and being emotional; he knows that that’d just give them something else to ridicule him over, which is exactly why we need to try and help him. I know that you’re thinking the same thing as me, and that in the end you want Alex’s parents out of the picture, but for now we just need to help him through it and I’m more than willing to try and get some more information from him because that’s just what we need.” Rian finished with a small, sad smile. He looked up to me and I simply nodded at him as we heard the warning bell for homeroom go off in the distance.

It didn’t need to be spoken that both of our plans were going into action as soon as possible. The faster we get more information about Alex’s past the faster we can help him get back to living a normal teenage life. The faster we get Alex back to living a normal teenage life the faster we won’t have to put up with Tay and the others asking about our suspicious behavior.

It was going into action the second we walked back into the school building.
♠ ♠ ♠
Long time no see! I suck at updating this story. But hey, here's an update! I actually wrote this then found about 200 words written of a first draft of this from May, so yeah, sorry about that, I had started it but completely forgot. I'll try and update quicker next time! I hope you like the update and again I'm so sorry about the long wait!

Alex :)