Status: Work In Progress

Life's a Bitch, but I'm Friends with Her Sister

Chapter 2

The hallway that Jack dragged me down seemed to last forever, but finally we arrived at room 401, our history classroom for the rest of the year. By the time we got there, the room was already filling up, in all honesty, I was slightly worried I would end up sitting next to one of the jocks, they'd surely heard about my little run in earlier by now. 

"Hey Barakat, over here!" A girl with dark brown medium length hair with blonde tips and a nose ring yelled out, I didn't recognise her, but then again, I'd only been in this school five minutes. I have to admit, she is very pretty, and if I wasn't gay, I'd probably end up with a huge crush on her. She was stood with a fairly tall guy with black hair who also had a nose ring and wore glasses, he looked friendly enough, so I want too concerned about going over there with Jack.

"Tay! Long time no see!"

"Barakat, you saw me yesterday. That's not a long time," the girl, Tay, retorted.

"It is for me!" Jack replied.

"Everything's different for you Jack, you're one of a kind..." The guy with the glasses trailed off.

"Hey, screw you Mike, I'm awesome, right Alex?"

Suddenly everyone's eyes were on me, and to say I was uncomfortable was an understatement.

"Umm, yeah..." I managed to get out.

"See Jack, even your friend isn't sure!"  Mike practically screamed at Jack.

I felt someone tapping me on the shoulder, I turned around cautiously, worried it would be the jock from earlier, McQueen or whatever his name was. I let out a sigh of relief when I saw it was only Tay.

"Just ignore those two, they always bicker like siblings!" she explained. I tensed up a bit at that, she seemed to sense that something was wrong, but chose not to push it for now.

"Right class! In a line around the room!" The teacher yelled as he pretty much raced into the classroom, I can tell he is one of those teachers that tried too hard to make the lesson interesting and just ends up embarrassing himself. The class let out multiple groans of annoyance as they had to stop their conversations with their friends, and prepare to be given set seats.

"Not all the teachers give us set seats," Jack whispered in my ear as we joined the back of the line.

"Okay, why does he then?" I questioned.

"He's your typical 'Puts on a good first impressions but is actually a dumb ass teacher', he needs all the help he can get to help remember who we are," Jack explained. I nodded my head in response. 

"Right class, let's get you seated. Let's start with you Jack, front row right by my desk," the teacher called out.

"But Sir!" Jack whined.

"No buts Barakat, you really think I'm going to let you out of my sight after you almost burnt the school down last year? There's not even any chemicals or anything flammable in here!" The teacher yelled back at Jack. You could tell he was just being playful, I couldn't tell whether the almost burning the school down thing was true, I wouldn't put it past Jack to be honest.

Soon enough the rest of the class was seated, I was relieved to see that I had been sat next to Mike on one side, and a kid that I had gathered is the class nerd on the other. Another thing that took a weight off of my shoulders was that fact that McQueen wasn't in this class. I know I probably won't be lucky enough to avoid him completely, but at least this was a start.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The rest of the lesson passed by fairly quickly, and before I knew it, I was being dragged down the hall again by Jack, closely followed by Tay and Mike. I didn't bother asking where he was taking us, it's not like he'd have been able to hear me anyway with the amount of noise in the hall at the moment. After another three minutes of being dragged I realised that we were outside, ahead of me I saw Zack and Rian, along with a few other people I didn't recognise. Wow, Rian looked even better in the sunlight. As I was being pulled along I shamelessly checked him out, thankfully nobody seemed to notice. Soon enough I was sat with everyone on the grass, with three pairs of eyes I didn't recognise burning holes into my skin.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hi, I'm Alex! As you may have gathered from the note on the first chapter, I'm writing this story with Maya :) Maya will be writing chapter three soon! :) Please comment, subscribe and recomend if you like the story! :)