Status: Work In Progress

Life's a Bitch, but I'm Friends with Her Sister

Chapter 7

Jordan's point of view

"Keep him out of his house as long as we can?"

Rian and I were coming up with ideas on how to help Alex without it being too obvious.

"Uh," I hesitated. "What if his parents get upset at him for getting home late?"

"Oh, yeah... That wouldn't be good..."

I sighed. We had come up with the grand total of zero ways to help. "This is going nowhere."

"We're going to have to know more."

"I guess you're right. I'll... I'll try to talk to him tomorrow."

---------
Alex seemed to be even more reserved the next day, at school. I decided I would talk to him at the end of the day.

When the bell rang, I filed out of the classroom I was in and walked as fast as I could to the parking lot. I spotted Alex fiddling with his keys beside his car and took the opportunity.

"Hey, hey Alex! Wait!"

I walked over to him, and he looked up at me hesitantly. "Uh, hey..."

"So um, Alex... How are you?" I said lamely. "We didn't talk the whole day..."

"Oh uh yeah, yeah I'm fine. Um. Yeah, it's just..." he chuckled nervously. "It's just, y'know, one of those days."

"Yeah, I see," I nodded, looking up at the horizon. My thoughts were beginning to stray and I mentally shook myself. "Stay focused, Jordan." "Do you want to, like, hang out for a while?"

Alex just shrugged. "I don't know..."

"Just the two of us, eh? I'm kinda in the mood for something peaceful. Being around Jack takes its toll."

Alex laughed at that. "I can imagine so. Yeah, alright, that would be cool."

"We can walk down to the park, yeah?"

"Sure."

We walked together silently and sat down on the swings. After a minute or two, I decided to say something. "Hey, Alex..."

"Hm?"

"Uh, um, about, about what we talked about yesterday..."

His face fell and he looked away. "What about it?"

"You can't just tell me half the story Alex, I want to help you."

"I don't need help Jordan! I don't need someone pitying me!"

"Alex, no, you don-"

"I think I do understand! No, Jordan. I knew it was a bad idea to tell someone. If you will excuse me, I'm going to leave."

He stood up, swung his bag over one shoulder and started walking away. I stood up as well.

"And go back home?"

He stopped in his steps and hesitated, looking back at me over a shoulder. "None of your business."

"Alex, you're my friend," I said as I walked over to him. "I want to help you."

"Like I haven't heard that one before."

And with that, he walked away, leaving me standing there, dumbfounded. I sighed and decided to text Rian.

To: Rian
This whole thing backfired on me.


His reply came not even a minute later, which I didn't expect. Rian was never glued to his phone.

From: Rian
What? Seriously?


To: Rian
I might've offended him...


From: Rian
Great going. What do we do now?


To: Rian
Idk man.


After that, he didn't reply. I sighed and started walking home, since everyone had probably already left.

I really had no idea what to do now. Alex would never talk to me again.

Should I ask someone else for help?

No. That'll make matters worse, and besides, who could I tell?
♠ ♠ ♠
Hi! Maya here!
So first things first, I wanna say that yeah I had fun with the formatting of this chapter x)
And second, we've got 22 subscribers! That's amazing, thank you guys! <3
Also, thank you to:
alleson
GlamorousZombie

for your comments!
And to those of you who haven't commented yet... What are you waiting for?! I wanna know what you think Jordan should do now! :)