Status: Discontinued.

If I Leave.

Life As We Know It.

When I was 13 years old, I never thought that my parents would have kicked me out; but they did.

They thought I was a monster, I could shape-shift into a wolf.

That was due to the fact that I am part of the Quileute tribe, I was one of the descendants that got the shifting trait as well as the other traits, like imprinting, and being a space heater. It wasn't the greatest thing, I had to control my anger.

I moved in with my grandparents, my grandfather passed when I turned 14 from a stroke.

For two years, everything was fine; until my grandmother was outside gardening with me one day.

A random man just walked up talking about how my grandmother knew it was time for me to leave and be his.

It was the same man that attacked me at 8.

So here I was, driving from Colorado, Nevada to La Push, Washington. It took me a day to get here.

I got out of the car that my grandfather took time to restore, it took him 4 years to restore it.

It was my baby now.

This place looked totally unfamiliar to me, I had never been here before.

“Turn left in .5 miles and you've reached your destination.”

My little GPS spoke up, I slowed down and took a left pulling into a dirt driveway.

A woman stepped out of a small house, I opened the door to my little restored car.

My grandfather and I restored it before he died.

“Oh! Mason! It is so good to see you! I haven't seen you since you were about 11!” The woman exclaimed as she hugged me after I pulled my duffle bag onto my shoulders.

I tensed up, I couldn't remember anyone hardly from this place; I was here for two months when I was 11.

“Do you not remember me sweetie?” She asked looking at me, I shook my head.

“It's me, Sue Clearwater! Your godmother! Its been so long, I should have told you first.”

“Oh Sue, how are you? Is this your house, I thought I had the right address for Sam's..”
I replied slightly confused, I didn't remember if she lived at this house. 5 years is like an eternity to me. After everything that I've endured too.

“Oh no, sweetie. I was just visiting Sam and Emily. I dropped off some food I baked and stopped by to see how everyone was doing.”

I nodded chuckling, I hugged her as she said 'bye'; then walked down the road. Sighing, I went over to the front door of the house, knocking loudly. The door opened quickly as a boy stood there. He had a "tall, gangly build", with a youthful face and brown eyes; he was around 6 feet tall. His skin was russet colored and his hair was black.

“Can I help you?” He asked sweetly,

“Seth, who is it?” I heard a voice call from inside the house, I scratched the back of my red head.

“Yeah, I'm Mason Rhodes. I'm supposed to be staying here with Emily and Sam..?”
I replied trailing off, I smiled at him nicely.

“Oh yeah. Sam! Emily!”

He called as a woman came to the door with a tall man standing behind her, I scratched the back of my head nervously.

“Uh, I'm Mason Rhodes. I'm supposed to stay with you two..”

“Oh yes, Mason! Come right in! I'm Emily and this is Sam. We have a bedroom set up for you already. I'm so sorry for your loss.” The woman exclaimed as her and Sam moved out of the way to let me in.

I stepped into the house, it was bigger than my grandparents' house; looking in towards where I assumed the living room was. There were about 6 russet skin colored boys sitting around a tv.

“Would you like me to show you to your room, Mason?” Emily asked as I focused back to her and Sam. I nodded politely, she headed towards the stairs and I reluctantly followed; we went down a long hallway and stopped in front of a door.

“This is your room, the bathroom is across the hall, next door is the linen closet; Sam and I are at the end of the hallway. If you need anything just holler. If you want to, when you're settled; come downstairs and meet the boys. They all practically live here.”

I smiled then thanked her, I opened my door and looked at my room; it was small but pretty sizable for what I had. I set my bag down onto my bed, I flopped onto it and closed my eyes for a few moments.

I opened my eyes and headed down the stairs, when I got to the bottom of the stairs; I slid past the 6 guys and went into the kitchen.

“Hey, you're back. Well if you want to, can you give me a hand? I'm making Hamburgers and Fries. Just a quick meal.” Emily said as I walked over to her, I started cutting the potatoes into fry shape.

Image


When Emily and I finished making dinner, we set the table and put the food out; she said that dinner was done. I sat across from her, next to her was Sam. Seth sat next to me.
“Boys, this is Mason. Mason, this is Jared, Jacob, Quil, Embry, you've already met Seth and Paul. Boys, treat her like one of the family.” Emily said adding in the threatening tone at the end.

There was a chorus of 'hello' and 'hey's'.

Everyone started complimenting the food, and saying 'thank you'.

I looked up from my now empty plate, that also came along with my Quileute genes; eating like a lumber jack.

“So Mason, how do you know Sam and Emily?” Jared asked as the boys looked at me in surprise, I was done before all them.

“My grandparents, I'm guessing.” I replied, looking to Jared then to Emily and Sam.

“Who were your grandparents?” Jacob asked expectantly,

“Oh, Kate and Arham Muraco.” I replied smiling at the thought of my grandparents, Emily grabbed my arm reassuringly.

“So we wanted to wait until you were all here...I know you just got here, Mason. I'm sure you can take care of yourself too, but tonight I said I would take Emily to a movie and dancing. So I'm leaving you in the care of our boys. I want you guys to treat her right.” Sam started as he and everyone else finished eating.

“Sam, you can count on us.” Quil said confidently before the boys chuckled at him, “That's what I'm afraid of.”

Image


After dinner, Emily and Sam went upstairs to get ready; I started cleaning up the table. Jacob came up and started helping me, “Let me help you.”

I shook my head, “I got it, Jacob.”

He took the plates out of my hand as Emily & Sam came down the stairs and said bye after hugging me and warning the boys to take care of me.

“Look, Jacob; I'm a big girl. Man, I can do this on my own. Trust me.” I added in smiling at him nicely.

“Yeah, but I want to help. It's the nice thing to do. So do you know all about the Quileute tribe?”

“Yes, I do. I am one of you, of course.”

“You are? Really? When'd you find out?” He asked surprised as I chuckled at the look on his face.

“When I was around 7 or 8. A boy kept picking on me, and I lost my temper and turned into a wolf in front of him. He had a panic attack, he hit his head on a rock and ended up in the hospital. He forgot that he saw me phase, my parents couldn't believe it. They thought I was going to be different, my grandparents called us “phasers.” My brother was a phaser, he died from a vampire bite. It either turns you or kills you. It killed him. They blew up.”

“Wow, I'm sorry.” He replied scratching his neck as we went into the living room, Emily and Sam left after saying 'bye'. Jacob took a seat on a recliner, the only seat that was left next to Paul on the couch. I smiled at Paul and motioned towards the spot next to him, he nodded looking at me. It was dark, the only light inside the house was the tv; a movie was playing. I took my seat and leaned against the arms drifting to sleep.

This was my life now.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yeah, my took a bit longer than I expected.
I hope you like it, I've been working on it for a while. <3
Much Love.