Status: Discontinued.

If I Leave.

Opening Up

I had spent the night at the hospital as my Mom wanted me here in case I needed anything else from when I fell but all I needed was a good night’s sleep so I hadn’t noticed that Jacob snuck back into my hospital room when no one was looking; so when I slowly started to wake up in the morning and I heard a noise that sounded like a spoon scraping against plastic I couldn’t understand why until I opened my eyes.

“You just ate my yogurt? Jake that’s for me, I’m the one in hospital not you” I said smiling when I saw my boyfriend finishing off a small tub of vanilla yogurt which was my favourite flavor; once Jacob’s warm dark brown eyes landed on me I instantly felt butterflies in my stomach while a warm wanted feeling overcame me.

“I’m sorry Kayla, I’ll buy you all the yogurt that you want when I take you home. Your Mom said you’re getting released in a few hours” Jacob smiled at me as he threw the empty tub of yogurt in the bin before he turned his attention onto me and it was like I was the only person he saw; I ran my fingers through my hair to somewhat tame the messy bun I had put it in last night because no one wants to look horrible in front of their boyfriend.

“Good because I hate staying in hospitals, I can stand them but I want to go home” I said to him softly as he took my hand into his when I attempted to neaten myself up; I wasn’t bothered by being around sick people as it was more of a memory I had about being dropped off at a hospital by my Dad.

“And I’ll take you home sweetie, what’s wrong? It’ll be alright, I’m staying right here with you” Jake said looking at me in worry when I pulled the blankets closer to my body as sort of a security blanket; I hated telling people about my Dad because it made me feel weak and like I wasn’t worth anything.

“My Dad took me to the hospital to visit my Mom on my 8th birthday because she had to work, he dropped me at the front door and went to go park the car but he never came back” I told him quietly as he rubbed the back of my hand with his thumb as I laid in the hospital bed and kept my eyes focused on our hands; after since that day I had been scared to let any guy into my life and trust them.

“I’m so sorry that happened to you Kayla but I’m never ever going to leave you, he doesn’t know what he’s missed out on because you’re perfect” Jacob told me firmly so I would listen and believe him as he leaned over and kissed my forehead; I wanted to believe him so badly but I just couldn’t because I knew he was keeping something from me.

“So Seth said you went into Forks, to see some girl called Bella. Who is she?” I asked him quickly changing the subject onto something that I was dying to know; I was searching his face for any signs that I was going to receive bad news but all I saw was the smile that I was falling in love with on his handsome face.

“Bella’s just a friend from when I was a baby, our Dads are both close friends and I needed to go check on something. You have nothing to worry about, she has a boyfriend and I don’t see her like that” Jake reassured me with a smile as he kissed my hand and I did believe him in that Bella was just his friend; I nodded as Jake moved the bed so I could sit up as I started to eat my breakfast before it went cold.

****************


I walked through the hallway of the Forks hospital with Jacob as I had been released but our attention was captured when we both saw Paul sitting in a room; I quickly walked over to the doorway only to see Mason laying in the bed sleeping.

“What happened? When was Mason brought in?” I asked Paul as I walked over to the bed with Jacob following behind me when I noticed how tired Paul looked; it was clear that he hadn’t slept all night as he watched Mason to make sure she was safe.

“She fell when she came to find me, she hurt her back so the doctor wants to keep her in here” Paul told us as his eyes never left Mason’s sleeping form so I gave Jacob a nod to tell him to take Paul out for some fresh air; I sat down on the chair that Paul had been sitting on when Jacob pulled him out of the room.

I sat on the chair as I ran through what happened yesterday in the forest and I just couldn’t figure out what Seth pushed me out of the way for; I wasn’t sure if I should trust what I saw because it was only really a blur.

“Kayla? Where did Paul go?” Mason asked me softly as I looked over to her as she rubbed the sleep from the eyes and tried to wake up more; she was laying on her right side so she must have hurt her back pretty badly which made me worry.

“Jacob took him outside for some fresh air, I don’t think he got any sleep. He said you fell when you went to find him” I said looking at her as I poured her a glass of water and handed it to her with a straw so she could drink it easier; I wasn’t just worried about Jacob leaving me as I never really let people in to make friends with them until now.

“Oh yeah I did, he was still in the forest and I tripped on something. Don’t worry about me, I’m stronger than a stupid fall” Mason said after she swallowed a mouthful of water as she shifted on the bed slightly to get more comfortable without hurting her back; I grabbed a spare pillow before I placed it under Mason to help her sit up slightly without hurting herself.

“You two seriously need to be locked in a room and never let out, it’ll stop me from nearly having a heart attack every time either of you get hurt” Seth said as he walked into Mason’s hospital room with Emily, Sam, Quil, Jared and Leah following close behind him; I stood up from the chair and hugged Seth tightly as Emily and Sam checked on Mason to make sure she was alright.

“That’s called kidnapping Seth and we don’t mean to get hurt, it just happened but that’s why we have all of you so you can take care of us” I smiled at Seth as he returned my hugged instantly while still making sure that he didn’t touch any of my cuts; I felt Seth let go of me as he stepped back only to be replaced by Jacob who wrapped his arms around my waist and held me closely to his warm body.

I watched as everyone took a step backwards as Paul walked into the room and went over to Mason; he looked so much better than he did before whether that was from talking to Jacob or seeing that Mason was awake.
♠ ♠ ♠
Kayla's Outfit

Please Comment!