Status: Discontinued.

If I Leave.

Finally Knowing

Once Leah and I left Mason on the beach with Embry we walked around until Leah told me that she needed to go talk to Sam about something; I honestly couldn’t be bothered asking Leah what she was going to talk to Sam about because even though I wanted to know it wasn’t going to be Leah that was going to explain everything to me.

“Kayla wait up! I heard what happened yesterday with you and Jacob, I’m sorry” Seth said to me as he ran up behind me as I stopped walking so he could catch up to me; I had a feeling that everyone would know what happened or at least know that I had broken up with Jacob.

“Thanks Seth but I don’t really want to talk about it, it’s all I can think about now. I didn’t even want to break up with him, I’ll never forget how hurt he was yesterday” I said to Seth softly as I forced the tears not to well up in my eyes; all last night I had cried and ended up crying myself to sleep at an early hour in the morning while my Mom tried her best to comfort me.

“I understand… I was thinking that you might like to hang out with me? I’m much better company than my sister” Seth told me with a cheeky grin on his handsome face as he looked at me while he took my hand into his warm one; I couldn’t help smile myself as Seth started to lead me away from the direction I was walking in.

“I guess you won’t let me say no, it’ll probably be better than just sitting at home and moping around” I said shrugging my shoulders lightly as I let Seth pull me along with him as he took me somewhere; we walked back past the La Push beach where Paul was talking to Mason so we didn’t interrupt them.

“I’m going to make this day way better than being stuck inside, besides I doubt your Mom would let you mope around the house. This will be fun” Seth said to me while we walked and I was starting to feel slightly uneasy about what Seth had planned for today; he’s the type of person who would try his hardest to get me near Jacob so we could talk about things.

We walked along the road side as a bunch of the guys came into my view as Seth had taken me up onto the cliff where people like to cliff dive; Jared, Quil, and Embry were standing by the cliff in just a pair shorts which didn’t come to a shock to me as that is usually all they wear on a day to day basic.

“Seth this isn’t a good idea, I’m not going to be jumping off a cliff. I’m not going to risk my life for a little bit of fun” I told him simply as he took me over to the three guys as they had been waiting for us; I had overheard that this was a pass time in La Push but I had never actually seen anyone cliff dive before.

“You don’t have to dive if you don’t want to, but you’re still going to hang out with us Kayla. Just watch us, it’s not scary after the first time you dive” Quil said to me once we reached them but I still wasn’t convinced because jumping off a cliff into the cold ocean isn’t exactly sometime that is fun to me; but I’ll admit that I was slightly interested in watching the guys cliff dive although that is as far as my interest goes.

I stood back as I watched Jared move backwards so he could get a good run up before he launched himself off the edge of the cliff and into the air; I rushed to the cliff edge so I could watch Jared’s body drop down towards the water and within a few quick seconds he was in the water causing us to lose sight of him.

I hadn’t even noticed Quil and Embry take a run up until they were following Jared down into the ocean below us; I saw Jared walk onto the beach soaking wet as he laughed spotting Quil and Embry start swimming towards the beach, my heart was racing from just watching them so I knew this wasn’t something for me.

“See Kayla, cliff diving isn’t that bad. It’s fun” Jared said to me smiling as he walked back up the path to where I was standing alone now that Seth had jumped after Embry; I looked at Jared with an unimpressed look on my face while he ran his fingers through his short wet hair.

“Are you all insane? That is not fun Jared, how could falling through the air into freezing cold water be fun?” I said to him as Seth, Embry and Quil joined us laughing when they overheard what I had said to Jared; I wasn’t afraid of heights but I preferred my feet to be planted firmly on the ground at all times.

“If you tried it then you’d see how fun it really is…” Embry said to me but he was interrupted when Jacob walked over to us and he didn’t look all that happy; but that wasn’t what broke my heart even more as it was just how tired Jacob looked and it was obvious that he hadn’t slept much last night either.

“Kayla is never going to cliff dive and none of you should have let her stay here, what were you thinking?” Jacob said rather rudely to his friends which caused me to frown at him because he was blaming his friends when he didn’t know the full story; I glanced over at Seth who was looking down at the ground and I knew he was beating himself up about bring me here.

“It’s not their fault Jacob, you can’t tell me what I can and can’t do anymore. You don’t have that right and it’s your fault that we aren’t together, don’t blame them” I snapped at him before I walked past him as I headed back along the street towards the town; I took a short-cut through the forest which is when I heard footsteps following behind me.

“Kayla I’m sorry, please don’t walk away from me again. I’m only trying to protect you, I miss you already” Jacob said to me as I stopped walking and turned around to face him because I missed him more than anything; I knew that I should have just kept walking because now that I was looking at his extremely handsome face I could feel myself giving in to him.

“It doesn’t matter now Jake, we aren’t together so you have no reason to protect me… Jake what are you doing?” I said to him shocked when he walked back away from me before he pushed his shorts down his legs; I didn’t understand what he was doing but I made myself look at his eyes and not anywhere else.

“Just watch me Kayla, this is what I’ve been hiding from you. You want to know so here it is, I’m different and so are all the guys and Leah” Jacob said to me as I watched him closely as his body started to move strangely and before my eyes Jacob had changed; standing in front of me now was an oversized russet brown wolf that had Jacob’s dark intelligent eyes.

My eyes widened as I tried my very best to fully understand what I had just seen but it was more difficult than I realised; this wasn’t anywhere close to what I had been thinking up and now I knew why Jacob didn’t tell me about this straight away, I wouldn’t go around telling people this if I was in his position.

“I’m a shape-shifter Kayla, we’re descended from the ancient spirit warriors of the Quileute tribe. I imprinted on you the first time I saw you, I’m unconditionally bound to you for the rest of my life. Only you matter to me now and I’ll do anything to please and protect you” Jacob explained to me once he had turned back to normal and pulled his shorts back on; I honestly didn’t know what to think or say to him about this.

I looked at him as I suddenly felt light headed and before I knew what was happening my eyes rolled back into my head; my legs went weak causing my body to collapse as my mind went blank but I could still feel Jacob’s warm arms wrap around my waist before I fainted against him.
♠ ♠ ♠
Please Comment!