Status: Discontinued.

If I Leave.

Accidents Happen

I was sick and tired of how the guys were acting as Paul and Embry hadn’t been involving themselves with everyone for the past two days; so I was taking things into my own hands and I was starting with Embry first as I was walking over to his house so I could talk to him because none of us had seen him lately.

“Kayla? What are you doing here?” Embry asked as he opened the door after I had knocked and I was slightly confused as to why he was surprised to see me; I knew he hadn’t talked to Mason after the fight he had with Paul which I knew upset her and I honestly just wanted everything back to normal again.

“I’m here to talk to you Embry, I’m sick of this. So you and Paul had a fight, get over it and start being friends again” I said to him as I stood on the front porch of his house as I didn’t bother going inside because I needed to get this off my chest as quickly as possible; he needed to know that this was affecting all of us so he and Paul just had to get over this.

“Kayla trust me, if I could make this up to Paul then I would have done so already. It’s more complicated then you understand” Embry said to me softly as he stepped forward and shut the door behind him; I watched as he glanced around like he thought people might be watching us or something.

“Actually I do understand it Em, you and Paul had a fight about Mason. So either you talk to both of them or you talk to Paul and you need to set this out, Paul is a close friend that you can’t lose” I told Embry as sternly as I could so it would get through to him because nothing else was; I hated any type of fighting because if there’s fighting then it’ll end up with someone leaving and me getting hurt.

“Is everything alright here? Kayla come here and we’ll take you home, you can go hang out with Mason” Paul said from behind me as he stood watching us with Seth and Sam who I hadn’t even heard walk over to us; I glanced over to the three shirtless men before I turned my attention back onto a frowning Embry.

“Didn’t Jake take Mason into Forks with him today? I think he went to see Bella” Seth said to Paul which caused me to turn around so I was facing them because I didn’t know who this Bella girl was; sure Jacob and I kissed once but I couldn’t help feel jealous that he was around another girl that I didn’t know.

“Who’s Bella? Why is Jake in Forks to see her?” I asked Seth as I walked down the path of the Call front garden so I could get some answers from Seth; I looked at him as he hesitated to answer me which is also when Paul turned his attention onto Seth as well.

“Why is Mason in Forks meeting the blo… the Cullen’s?” Paul asked looking at Seth and from the corner of my eye I noticed Sam stepped a bit closer to me; Seth didn’t really get to answer either of us because Paul stormed off into the forest that was closest to us and within a few short minutes I heard a wolf’s howl from somewhere in the forest.

“What was that? That sounded really close and Paul is out there, we need to go find him before something happens” I said to them in panic as no one seemed to be even slightly worried about Paul being out in the forest alone; I started running into the forest in the same direction that Paul had gone in as I begun to call out his name.

“Kayla it’s dangerous for you here, we’ll go find Paul but you need to go home and Seth will take you” Sam told me as he followed behind me at quite a quick pace but I was busy looking around for Paul but I couldn’t find him so I just walked deeper into the forest; that was until I felt a warm hand grab a gently hold of my arm that stopped me from walking and I knew that it was Sam.

“But there’s something out here Sam, what if Paul gets into danger?” I said looking at Sam as he tried to pull me back the way I had just come but we both stopped walking when I heard heavy footprints running behind me; I turned around slightly to see what it making the noise but I didn’t see much because I felt a hot muscular body come into contact with mine.

A small scream escaped past my lips when the body of Seth collided with mine which pushed me backwards and caused me to fall down onto the ground; I caught a glimpse of a large dark silver furred creature that jumped right over Sam and Embry before it kept running off.

Seth and I landed hard on the ground but Seth made sure that he didn’t land on me which I was thankful for because the sticks and small rocks already cut into my skin; I laid on the dirt ground in pain as blood formed at the wounds causing Seth, Embry and Sam to rush to my side before Sam picked me up into his strong arms as carefully as he could.

“It’ll be alright Kayla, we’re taking you to the hospital” Sam told me as he started carrying me off towards his house so he could drive me to the Forks hospital; Seth and Embry were following close behind us and then helped Sam get me into the back seat of his car without hurting me too much.

Sam drove with Embry sitting beside him while I had my head resting on Seth’s lap on the back seat but I wasn’t really paying that much attention to what was being said; I faintly heard Embry call Jacob, Leah and Quil to tell them that we were going to the hospital.

I was carried into the hospital by Sam while Embry went in first to tell the nurse what had happened so I was taken into a room instantly; I was laying on the bed as my Mom walked into the room that held me and three muscular shirtless guys as they didn’t want to leave me, my Mom cleaned the wounds I had and stopped the bleeding as she placed bandaids over some.

“I’m sorry Kayla, I didn’t mean to hurt you but I had to get you out of the way” Seth said to me softly as he stood beside the bed and held my hand in his gently but I didn’t blame him for this as he was only protecting me; my Mom had given me a low dose aspirin just to knock the edge off the tenderness my body was feeling right now.

“Don’t worry Seth, I’ll be fine and thank you for knocking me out of the way of that thing. I don’t even know what that creature was, it was a huge wolf” I said softly as I gave Seth a small smile before I heard Jacob and Mason outside in the hallway; I knew it was them because I could hear Jacob ask Quil what had happened and by the tone of Jacob’s voice it was clear that he was panicking slightly.
♠ ♠ ♠
Kayla's Outfit

Please Comment!