You're My Kryptonite

Child Services

I woke up Monday morning, still tired. I walked to the mirror to see my makeup running down my face. I was meeting with the principal today to have a meeting over the little girl's drawing. I was nervous. Child services was coming. There was a lot going on. I went to the shower and spent 15 minutes letting the warm water hit my body. After I got out, I put my hair up and put my robe on. As much as I wanted to wear sweatpants, I had to dress nicely. I wasn't looking forward to this. It was seriously hard for me to get dressed. I decided that instead of wearing heels, I would wear my Toms for comfort. Because of the situation, I only needed to go to the school for a few hours. I heard three gentle knocks on my door while I was getting some cereal. Harry walked in, simply clad in jeans and a t shirt with a pair of sneakers. He gave me a reassuring smile.

"Would you like me to drive you this morning?" He said, seeing the stress and sadness in my face. I nodded and he went to get his keys.

"How long do you have to stay?" He asked, walking with me to the lobby.

"About an hour," I responded, it was the most I had said all weekend.

"How about we go get lunch after?" He said, grabbing my hand and giving it a squeeze. I nodded my head as we walked to his car. We drove to the school, the picture in my hands. Harry pulled up to the curb and looked over at me.

"I'm going to go get some breakfast and I'll come right back, okay?" He said. I nodded and he kissed my cheek, sending me on my way. I walked up to the school slowly. Harry didn't pull away until I reached the door, walking into the building. I went to the office. The secretary gave me a sympathetic look and pointed me in the direction of the conference room.

I walked into the big, windowless room and saw the principal and the child services woman sitting at the table and talking.

"Ah, there you are Ms. Landry!" The principal said, trying to be cheerful during a dark situation.

"Hello, Ms. Landry, I'm Rebecca Owens from child services," She said shaking my hand, "Is that the picture?"

"Yes ma'am," I said, handing it to her. She spread it on the table, her jaw dropping.

"I was told correctly that the project was to draw a picture of your typical day, right?" She said, in disbelief.

"Yes ma'am, you were," I said, looking at the picture. The principal turned away.

"Well I do believe we need to intervene in this situation and take it into our own hands. Is there anymore evidence for this case of abu-"

She was cut off by the shot of a gun. There were screams every where. The principal went outside to see what was going on. The child services lady hid the picture.

"Who dared call child services on me?" The man screamed in the lobby. No one answered.

"I can keep firing shots until someone points me to the bitch who said I am an unfit father!" He said, firing a shot into the ceiling. Electricity fell from the lights. I sat in a corner. My phone was lighting up with messages from Harry.

'What's going on? There are police everywhere!'
'I'm getting worried, please tell me that you're okay!'
'I heard gun shots, please text me.'

I sent him a quick message back.

'I'm fine. I'm really scared, Hazza.'

I was having panic attacks in the corner. I couldn't breathe. Suddenly, the lights went out. I heard police entering the school, screaming at the insane man and threatening to shoot him. Suddenly, an officer came into the room and saw me in the corner, he came over to me and picked me up and carried me outside. He set me on the ground in front of the entrance to the school. I looked up and saw Harry, as pale as a ghost. He sprinted to me and picked me up in his arms, squeezing me and kissing me everywhere he could.

"I was so scared, Addie. I was so scared," He said, on the verge of tears. He looked up and moved me out of the way of the police and the man who wanted to kill me. The man glared at me, cowering in Harry's arms. Harry held onto me tighter. The man was put into the police car, then was taken to the jail. Harry still held onto me.

"Why are you not letting go?" I asked him.

"I was so scared that I would have to let you go," He said, his face engulfed by my hair.

"You don't need to be scared. I'm not going anywhere," I said, hugging him tighter.
♠ ♠ ♠
Really short, sorry!