Status: just a one-shot (;

Who Knew We'd Be More Than Friends

Who Knew We'd Be More Than Friends

McKenzie's POV

I woke up to my phone buzzing. It was a call from Cameron, my best friend since the age of five. I grabbed my phone off the night stand and clicked Send.

"Hey, Cam."

"'Morning, Kenz. Sorry, did I wake you?"

"Yeah, but it's fine. I have to get up anyway."

"Alright. Hey, I was wondering if you wanted to meet me in the park today and we could walk the dogs together. I'll bring Colbie and you bring Kao?"

"Sure, sounds fun," I said, smiling even though he couldn't see it. Cameron is my best friend, but lately I've been feeling as if I like him more than that.

"Okie dokie then. Let's say twelvish?" he said, interrupting my thoughts.

"Uhh..yeah. Sounds good."

"See ya later, Kenz."

"Bye, Cam."

Cameron's POV

I was glad McKenzie decided to go with me to the park. I know we're best friends, but I think I have feelings for her. I want to tell her more than anything, but I'm afraid of what she'll say.
I sat in my room and played around on the guitar until it was time to leave. I grabbed Colbie's leash, hooking it to her collar and walking out the door. Here goes nothing.

McKenzie's POV

I sat on a park bench, Kao's leash wrapped around my wrist. I was just daydreaming like I do on a daily basis. I saw Cam walking towards me and Colbie trotting alongside him. I stood up and waited for him to approach me.

"Hey, Kenz," he said, that beautiful smile on his face. Wait, beautiful?

"Hey, Cam," I said as he pulled me into his arms for a friendly hug. I hugged back, wishing it was a more-than-friends hug.

"Ready to go?" he asked.

"Yeah," I answered.

We walked for maybe an hour, just talking about what we were going to do over the summer and the Summer of Love Tour 2012 that he and the rest of Allstar Weekend were going on soon. We made our way back to the park and returned to the bench we met at.

"I had fun," Cameron said.

"Me, too."

We looked down at the dogs. Colbie was sniffing Kao's nose and then licked it. I looked up at Cameron as we laughed. God, he was so beautiful. The way his hair flopped in the breeze, the shining green eyes, the kind smile. The next thing I knew I was kissing him. When I pulled away, my eyes widened.

"Oh my God, Cameron. I'm so sorry! I don't know what came over me! I was just thinking about how much I wanted to be more than friends and-"

I was cut off by Cameron's lips against mine. I calmed down as he kissed me, and I kissed back. He wrapped his arms around my waist, pulling me closer. When we pulled apart, I felt a pretty big smile form on my face.

"Don't apologize, Kenz," he said, putting his hand on my cheek. "I've been meaning to tell you something for years."

"What?" I asked, putting my hands on his forearms.

"I love you."

I smiled and brushed my hair out of my eyes.

"I love you, too."

We kissed once more and I felt more sparks than I ever did with anyone else. He finally knew that I liked him more than just a friend, and he liked me, too. That was the best day of my life and I will never forget it.

"Aaawwhh tell us another story about you guys!" Foster, our son, said.
"Yeah!" his sister Leandra agreed. Cameron looked at me, smiling and rubbing my arm.
"Maybe another time, guys," he said.
I smiled as the two of them joined us for a big family group hug.
♠ ♠ ♠
this is just something i threw together when i had a random idea. tell me what you think (; -Kenz