Status: Complete

What You Don't Know

After going through years of being the outcast, the ugly girl, the introvert, the girl who attempted, the freak, Grace Johnson has finally bloomed into a beautiful butterfly. Sadly, though, her reputation has stuck. Now, at the beginning of her junior year in high school, she realizes that she might be able to shed the reputation that has brought her down so much in the past. If only she could confide in somebody. If only someone would listen to her for the first time. If only she could find somebody to help her tell her story that exists in her diary and mind about what really happened that night. As Grace searches for that little ray of sunshine, she finds the person she expected would care the least, Ty Laurington. Ty Laurington, the alternate captain of the hockey team, the calculus genius, the guy every college wants, her crush for almost her whole life. One serendipitous day in calculus class brings them together, and, as serendipity would have it, they are over and over again brought together. As they both delve deeper into each other's lives, they begin to open up to each other and discover things about one another that they keep down in a canyon in their hearts and minds. Secrets that make them laugh, smile, and cry, too. When the most sought after boy and the outcast girl find themselves together, everything will turn into an equation that will equal something neither of them ever expected to feel towards one another. Love.