Status: Complete

What You Don't Know

Chapter Seven: Gracie

Ty hasn't been in school for two days now. It's Thursday. We all heard that something happened to his sister. There are so many rumors: she tried to commit suicide, she got hit by lightning, she tripped onto a sharp knife, she got shot and is barely alive. Every possible reason you could ever think about is being spread like wildfire. I just wish he was here so I could pull the straight truth from him. I asked Owen and Jake Spezza if they new what was going on but even they had no idea. Brettly doesn't even know what's going on, and he's even been called by Ty. He said he couldn't come to practice because of the emergency. I just wish I knew what it was, so I could comfort him.
Calculus has been hell without having him by my side. The class periods seem to have lasted forever these past two days. At least when Ty is in calc or is in study with me, I have someone I can say snarky comments to or talk about things to. He really has been a godsend, and I hate to admit it, but I can't help it. I'm falling for him. I've had a crush on him, but I hadn't fallen for him. He's just so sweet, and he loves hockey. I just can't help it. He has more qualities to him than just those, but he's just about everything I want. I don't know how to explain it.
The end-of-the-day bell rings, and we get up to head out. When I get to my locker, I check my phone. I see that I have three new text messages. Shelley, Liesa, and...Ty. I sidestep Shelley and Liesa's texts and head straight for Ty's. Is he in trouble? Is he hurt? Does he need anything? He text reads: Gracie, my sister was shot two days ago. She's gonna to be fine. It was just in her thigh, but I need you to do me some favors. I'm finally back home. I need you to go into my locker & get my calc & English books. Could you please bring them over to my house? I don't want to talk to anyone at school right now except for you, Jake, and Owen. They're sworn to secrecy. I hope you are too, now. My locker is 318, and the combo is 28-30-08. I know you don't drive, but please ask your mom to bring you over. Thanks. It came in as two texts, but I knew he really needed me. Jake and Owen probably can't come over because of hockey practice. Or maybe he just trusts me.
I hurry at my locker and quicken my stride to his locker down the way. I pull out his calc and English books, and as I do so, I hear distinct giggling. Then laughing. "Oh, look. Ty has a slave. Come on, slave girl. Hurry it up so I don't have to see your ugly ass around here anymore." LANI. I immediately snap. "You know," I swiftly turn on my heels to face her, "you're an insufferable bitch. Just get over it. You cheated on him, hun."
"How dare you, you little," she can't find her appropriate word for me, "you little..."
A teacher steps out of a classroom and walks towards us. I stand my ground, and Lani indignantly prances off with none of her posse to be found. It isn't until then that I see that people are watching me...were watching Lani and me. I shove his books into my bag, slam his locker shut, and leave.
I walk, more like fast walk to my mom's car. Once I settle in, I tell her about Ty's situation. She agrees to drive me over and since we have no school tomorrow because of a teacher's meeting day she says I can stay if he wants me to be there with him. She just doesn't want any funny business going on. I tell her that he wouldn't touch me with a ten foot pole. She recoils a bit. "Grace, I know you're still having problems with you self-confidence. I'm sorry if I hit a sore spot, but you have to be confident about yourself. He obviously trusts you. Have a little confidence and faith in yourself, honey." I just nod and say okay. We make our way to Ty's house.
------------------------------
Not surprising to my mother, Ty asked me to stay over for a while. His aunt Linda Lee is staying with him. My mother rejoiced that it wasn't just him and me. I kissed my mother goodbye, took my backpack out of her car, and was greeted by Ty and his aunt as I walked in. "Now, you just settle in, Grace. Make yourself at home. I'm making meatballs using Ty's mother's recipe. It should be ready for dinner," his aunt says with a warm smile on her face. "Thanks Mrs..." I don't know her full name.
"Oh, just call me Linda Lee. Don't worry, sweetheart. Don't be embarrassed. I'll be in the living room if you need me," his aunt walks out of the foyer.
I can feel the crimson move up into my cheeks when I say, "Thanks, Linda Lee."
"Come on, Gracie. Let's head to the den. It's across on the other side of the house and has a bigger TV," Ty puts his rough, tanned hand on the small of my back. I almost jump when I feel his touch. It's a little intimate, but I relax to the feel of his hand on me. We head to the den. A room with only one window but is covered by blinds and a curtain at the moment. I put my bag down next to the coffee table. When I look up, Ty is in front of me. I straighten up and face him.
"Um, Gracie," he tucks my loose hair behind my ear with his right hand. "Yeah," I stutter. His left hand cups my cheek. He leans down and kisses me. I lean into him. His right hand moves to the small of my back. We stand there for what at least has to be a minute just kissing each other. No thoughts swing through my mind except for the thought the he is kissing me, the fact that he is kissing me. When we pull out of the kiss, he keeps his hands where they are. We stand there for a minute more before he speaks first. "I really want to do that more, but I think my aunt will kill us if I don't get some work done." We both laugh. "Okay," I whisper. He lets go of me, and we get to work on the assignments he has missed.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay, guys. The big moment. :D Tell me your thoughts. What did you think of how the chapter panned out? Thanks for all the support especially to Steffi.