I'm Gonna Die Before I Fold.

Lost in fiction, you'll find harmony.

They made their way back to the benches. Lee was sat on the table again, laughing as James froze the water in his bottle. James rolled his eyes and handed the bottle back to Lee. He seemed delighted. Ian made a mental note; Lee was always laughing at something or other.

Ian slid onto the bench, grinning. "So c'mon. I'm still unknown to most of your abilities."

Jocko spoke up with a blunt laugh. "What is it, showcasing day? Do you have to know?" Ian nodded. "Fine." Jocko pulled up both hands, palms open facing skywards. Ian watched as in the left palm, a small flame appeared. Similar his own, but weaker. Ian stared as Jocko's other hand turned blue, like.. James' had earlier. Confusion washed over him like a wave of cold water. He looked up at Jocko's face, which looked triumphant. "I'm an absorber. I can mimic anyone's talents, for a short period of time. Although, it's not like any of you have anything useful. Except possibly Sean or Jamie."

"Huh, what about me or Jamie?" Sean turned around, tuning into the conversation at the mention of his name.

"I said you and Jamie have got useful talents. Barely."

"Oh."

"What.. What can you do?" Ian peered in wonder at Sean. There was something about the blonde, about the way he acted, that intrigued Ian. It was like his mind was constantly elsewhere, never paying attention to his surroundings, but never missing a beat.

"Never mind what he can do, have you seen what Gavin does? Creepy shit bro." Lee declared with a mouthful of food. Gavin rolled his eyes, picking apart a branchlet of grapes. He muttered something that rhymed with ducking glass-mole
and Ian chuckled. He was still curious about Sean. Everytime he'd had tried to find out, someone had changed the subject, or the bell had gone.

Gavin looked at Ian then looked down. He froze for a split-second then grinned. "In your bag, you have a folder, a bottle of water and a house key." Ian exhaled, and nodded. "X-ray vision." Gavin said with a laugh, tapping the side of his head.

Ian looked down at his food, picking at his sandwich. It tasted shit, but he was too hungry to care. He pulled the bread apart slowly, nibbling at the edges. Eugh. He swore to himself that he'd start making his own food for school, it was about time he learned that his mother couldn't make a simple sandwich.

Someone tapped him on his back and he turned. No-one was there. He turned around the other way then twisted back around, looking at the group. Lee was stifling a laugh with his hand. Oh great, first day here and someone was already fucking with him. He chose to ignore it when whoever it was tapped his shoulder.

"Jocko, don't be a dick." Jamie said quietly. In a flash, Jocko appeared at Ian's side, sneering at Jamie.

"Don't be such a kill-joy." Jocko said with a mocking tone. Jamie smiled sympathetically at Ian, who mouthed thanks in return.

"Sorry. That's mine he's mimicking. Invisibility." Jocko smirked, drinking from his can of cola. Ian went back to picking at his food. He didn't really care anymore. Jocko's little joke had put his mood right out, like a boot to the stomach.

Mike, Matthew and Gareth were kicking a football about, leaving a space beside Ian on the bench. He looked at his remaining food, feeling sick to the pit of his stomach. He held his hand out to the side of him, holding the food in his balled-up fist. A second of thinking and the food burned into ash, fluttering from Ian's hand in the breeze as he what he was holding burned into nothingness.

Sean had been watching Ian discreetly for the most part of the lunch hour. He'd sensed his every emotion, glancing at his every movement, wary of what he would do next. So many different emotions went through that boy in so little time, they would change instantaneously. And now, due to Jocko being an arsehole, he was withdrawn and silent. The curiosity had been wiped from him like chalk on blackboard. Sean began a mental battle with his own mind, weighing up the pros and cons of going and sitting next to Ian. As more of the boy's attention to turned to the football, Sean finally decided. Just as Jocko got up to rescue the ball from a hedge, Sean made his move and sat down. Sean sensed an influx of confusion from Ian.

Ian turned to the side slightly, looking at Sean. He'd randomly got up and moved to sit by him. Sean flicked his hair from his eyes again, and smiled simply.

Ian returned the smile almost instantly, still confused. He went back to playing with his hands. He could feel Sean's eyes on the side of his face. Ian shook his hair out, making sure his black locks covered as much of his face as possible. Sean's unblinking stare was making him nervous.

The bell sounded once again. Everyone whined, groaning in defeat. Ian looked down at his timetable. Art and Design. He shuffled closer to Sean, looking at him. He whispered quietly. "Can you show me where to go, please?" Sean nodded and stood up. He could still feel an air of confusion about Ian, but it was lesser than before. He could sense something else now. He couldn't put a finger on what it was.

Ian followed Sean in silence to the Art and Design block. He glanced behind him once, and saw that none of the other boys had followed. Sean pushed the door of room 21 open, and walked inside. Ian went in straight after Sean.
♠ ♠ ♠
ahhhhhhhhhh i kinda like this chapter c:

is it weird that the 4th chapter only just about covers lunch time, or am i setting it out okay? C: