I'm Gonna Die Before I Fold.

I'm sorry Lord, that I don't believe in you.

Days passed, and the group of boys began growing closer, welcoming Ian into their friendships. Sean concentrated on blocking his mind from all emotions, Ian's included. It took a bit of getting used tom but he finally could get along with Ian without giving a second though to Ian's constantly changing emotions.

Days fades into weeks, and Ian discovered more and more about everyone as time went on. Like Matthew, the one with supersonic hearing, was allergic to pollen and bacon. What a dull life for him right, not allowed out much in summer, and no bacon? Sucks. Ian also learned of Lee's ability. He was a summoner, able to draw up a spirit or ghost. Ian found that Lee had become his new bestfriend, and it was great having so many good times with him.

Ian was happy, well, relatively. He had a good circle of friends, who liked him for being him. Well except maybe Jocko and possibly James too. Ian thought that they were hostile around him, not talking to him often. But he tried not to let it bother him. He was doing pretty well in his subjects, managing to catch up with the courses in good time. With some being practical lessons, and some being lectures, Ian had found his happy medium, the perfect mixture of work and play.

Before anyone could blink, the date slipped it's way into February. The flowers started budding, shoots and stems growing up from the thawed out ground.

It was early Monday morning. Ian's alarm went off loudly in his ear, forcing him to wake from his slumber. He whined, blindly reaching out to switch off the ringing. His eyes were barely open as he hauled himself out of his bed. He felt dead on his feet, his head pounding at a hundred beats a minute. Slowly, he slid open the curtains, wincing as the bright light from the early morning sun flooded the room. He turned, stumbled down the stairs and straight into his kitchen, where his mother stood, picking apart an orange segment.

"Morning." He muttered quietly.

"Wow. If you feel as bad as you look, I feel sorry for you."

"Thanks." A small smile made its way across his face as he slide two pieces of bread into the toaster.

"Don't be long. I've got the solicitor coming around today and I need to get on with cleaning." Ian turned away from his mother. He wanted to know nothing about his parents fast approaching divorce. It was a subject he talked about with no-one, he didn't like talking of how his parents' once happy marriage had failed, gone down the drain like bad food.

Ian ran back up the stairs after his breakfast to get dressed. He'd started walking to school now the weather was brightening up, even a tiny bit. It wasn't that far of a walk. And sometimes, Sean'd walk with him. He'd get his mother to drop him off at Ian's, rather than drive all the way to the school. They'd walk together, which made Ian happy. Anytime they spent together made Ian happy.

Ian couldn't deny it. He did have feelings for the blonde. But he dared not tell anyone. He buried his feelings deep, where he could ignore them. When he'd found out Sean was an empathist, he panicked. Had Sean sensed adoration when they had been close? Lust possibly? Ian couldn't deny that he had lusted after Sean. To his defence, he was a 17 year old guy, only human. But had Sean noticed? Did he know?

Someone knocked the door and Ian ran down the stairs hurriedly to answer it. He opened the door to a smiling Sean. Being half asleep, he hadn't registered that it wouldn't have been anyone else. "Oh, hey. Lemme just get dressed and we can leave. Come on in." Sean's eyes wandered down over Ian's chest as he noticed Ian was still just in pyjama bottoms. Ian cleared his throat loudly, folding his arms over his chest consciously.

"Oh, um, yeah." Sean stepped inside quickly, trying to cover up his delicately forming blush. Ian whirled around in a flurry, and bounded back up the stairs, taking two at a time.

"Hey Sean." Ian's mother said as she walked from the front room to the kitchen, carrying a plate and 2 cups.

"Hi, Mrs Watkins."

"Please, call me Anne." She said with a quiet laugh. Sean smiled slightly. She was a lovely woman, was Ian's mother.

"Mam, I'm going now." Ian called out, running back down the stairs, grabbing his bag off the banister.

"Okay love, have a nice day. I might not be here when you get back, so make sure you've got your key. I might be over Gwendolen's."

"Okay, sure thing!" Ian shouted back, hurrying Sean out of the door before closing it. Sean laughed as Ian muttered something, insulting his mother's choice of friends. They began the trek to the school, laughing and joking as they went.

When they reached the school gates, Sean paused, doing his shoelace back up. He had wondered the whole way here, about starting to let his mind feel the emotions of others again, properly. Only for a day or two, he said to himself. Just to see. Just as an experiment.

He winced slightly as his mind became vulnerable once again. He could think clearer for now, nothing clouding his mind. But as soon as he walked through the school gates, into the crowded grounds, he got distracted. It took all his effort to concentrate on one thing, when a hundred different emotions were throwing themselves at his mind, full pelt.

Ian frowned as Sean winced. "Are you okay?" Ian rested his hand on Sean's shoulder as Sean stood back up straight and walked through the gates. He paused, looking Ian directly in the eye.

"Mm, s'just a headache." Sean murmured, looking down at the floor as Ian's hand fell.

Ian frowned. "Ah." He said to himself as they walked over to their usual bench, on the grass. Lee was sitting there with Jocko, Mike and Gareth. Ian slid onto the seat next to Lee and smiled as Lee twisted to face him. Lee looked worn out, as if it was the end of the week, not the beginning. Ian continued to frown.

"Lee? What's up?"

"Nothing." He grumbled bluntly, folding his arms on the table and resting his head upon them.

"Sure? I mean, you don't seem yourself this morning."

"It's 'cause he went out last night." Mike spoke up. "It was, y'know Aled Phillips, from Psychology? It was his birthday yesterday."

Lee hid his face in his arms and mumbled. "Fuck off."

Ian giggled quietly, shaking his head slightly. He ruffled Lee's hair, grinning. "C'mon Lee, chin up. Keep your head held high, make you feel better."

"I said, fuck off!" Lee's head snapped up, glaring at Ian. Ian jumped back slightly, surprised at Lee's sudden outburst. Lee sighed heavily and let his head fall back onto his arms. Mike and Gareth shared his look of surprise, while Jocko just smirked.

Sean leaned forward and whispered into Ian's ear. "He's feeling a bit.. Put out today. You'd be better off leaving him alone today." Ian looked at Lee then back at Sean. His mood dipped instantly. His bestfriend didn't want him to speak to him, fine. At least he still had Sean.
♠ ♠ ♠
Anne isn't Ian’s mothers name irl, as far as I'm aware of. I don't know of her name.
sorry for the sloooow update, bit of writers block, usually happens when I hit chapter 4/5 :'3
hope this is good enough c;