I'm Gonna Die Before I Fold.

I wanna talk about a sound, a voice.

"Lee, stop fucking squirming, will you?!" Jocko exclaimed loudly as Lee tried to push him off. "We're trying to help you, you bellend! For Christ's sake!" Lee's breathing was heavy and erratic, his face still red from shouting at Ian.

"Get off me!" Lee tugged viciously. He ignored Mike's attempts to calm him down, and continued to writhe like a trapped snake.

Together, Jocko and James dragged Lee kicking and screaming in the direction of the Infirmary. Mike jogged ahead and ran straight into the Nurse's Office. He didn't bother knocking the door, he just burst in, out of breath. Nurse Withers looked up from her computer as he entered the room. "Nurse, it's Lee. He's uh.. He got a bit angry and now he's gone crazy." She stood up swiftly just as Jocko pulled Lee into the room. Lee caught sight of the nurse and pushed away, using all his strength to try and free himself from Jocko's tight grip. The tears still streamed from his eyes, flowing down his cheeks like two parallel rivers.

"Dormio." Nurse Withers whispered.

"What does that mean?" James mumbled to Mike.

"Sleep." Mike voiced in a whisper.

At that precise moment, Lee's eyes rolled back into his head and he stumbled. Jocko losened his arms from around Lee and the nurse caught him in her arms as his body fell forwards. He was flat-out unconscious.

Nurse Withers heaved Lee into the Infirmary ward, and up onto one of the beds.

"Is he.. Is he okay?" Came a muffled voice from another bed across the room.

"Yes, Taylor. He's fine." She turned to face Jocko, James and Mike. She folded her arms across her uniformed chest and her face became stern. "Now, I want you boys to explain to me exactly what happened."

-

"Slow down, Mike. So, what you're telling me, is that Lee's being hearing voices, and today he snapped at his supposed best friend, because he felt unnoticed? Right." Nurse Withers was trying to make sense out of the whole fiasco. She got up from her desk, walked over to a filing cabinet and opened one of the drawers. Mike watched as she rifled through a set of files.

"Ga.. Gaze. Gaze, Lee." She pulled out a file, then advanced back to her desk, setting down the file and sitting back down in her chair. She opened the file and read out the first few boxes of information. "Name, Lee James Christopher Gaze. Age, 17. Birthday, May 21st. Parents, orpha- Ah! Here we go." She said, pointing at the 3rd box down.

"He's a summoner, correct? These "voices" must be the amygdala, the part that deals with emotions, must have been sent into some sort of psychosis. And these voices are a result of the thalamus and hypothalamus being over-worked." She got up again while the 3 boys exchanged confused glances.

She wandered over to another cabinet and pulled ope the draw. She pulled out a small box, then came back over to the boys. "One of you needs to give him this when he's awake. I'd contact his parents, but.. No, never mind. He's to take one of these every morning and night for 2 weeks. Then if he's still hearing the voices, he's to come back to me." She pushed to box towards Mike.

The doors flung open and a brown haired boy walked in, holding up his blonde haired friend. "Jeez Aled, what's up with Gustav?" James said, looking at the two.

"We had Biology. He fainted, we're doing vivisection."

Suddenly, Lee groaned heavily, moving his arm to clutch at his head. Nurse Withers had gotten up to help Aled. She got Gustav to a spare bed, then hurried over to Lee. Mike swore he heard Nurse Withers mumble "it's one thing after a-fucking-nother in this place" under her breath as he shot up out of his seat and walked over to Lee.

"Lee?" The nurse said quietly. Lee slurred, his eyes sliding open slowly.

"I-Ian.."

"He's not here, Lee." Jocko was stood behind Mike, and the sneer that wasn't on his face was audible in his voice.

"G-get him here. P-please." Lee murmered.
♠ ♠ ♠
wow this one is shit.