I'm Gonna Die Before I Fold.

They tell you "Jesus walks", but baby, he'll just walk away.

"Mike, loo- no, I really don't care!" Sean said down the phone he had held at his ear. Ian sat on the edge of the sofa, at his mother's side and they both looked up at Sean, who'd taken to pacing back and forth across the room. "I- Fine, you talk to him." Sean held the phone out to Ian. "He wants to talk to you."

Ian took the phone from Mike. "Hello?"

"Ian, look, Lee really wants to see you. He's refusing to see anyone, except you."

"Why me?" He whispered, resting his head on his hand. His mother's arm wrapped around his shoulder, giving him a comforting hug.

"I don't know. He's not angry though. And he's been given tablets or something."

"Oh."

Ian turned his head slightly to look at his mother. She leant forward and whispered in his ear that wasn't covered by Sean's phone. "Do what feels right." Ian smiled slightly, biting at his lip. He looked up at Sean, who had sat down on the chair opposite. He looked worried, his hand linked together tightly on his lap.

"Okay." He hung up on Mike as he gave a sigh of relief. He stood up slowly, pushing up from the sofa. He looked up at the grandfather clock in the corner of the room. "It's ten past 11. If we head back now, we can stay with him for the last two lessons. That's if.. If you wanna come." Ian said quietly, looking at Sean.

Sean nodded. "For you, I will." He smiled weakly and got up. Ian's mother smiled up at them. Ian had explained to her Lee's outburst, and how he'd ran home straight away. She wasn't mad at him for bunking off. And she hadn't questioned why Sean had come after him. It was pretty obvious to her, as a mother. Motherly instincts coming into play and all.

Ian bid his mother goodbye and left the house with Sean at his side. He was glad his mother hadn't asked about Sean. He wasn't one for public displays of emotion.

They walked through the school gates as the bell went at 12. Ian pulled the slightly reluctant Sean by the arm to the reception. "E, the Infirmary's the other way.." Sean said timidly, sounding a little lost.

"I know." Ian let go of Sean's arm and slowly walked up to the desk. Evangelique looked up and smiled at Ian as he walked over. "Can you get me and Sean out of 2nd and 3rd period please? Lee's uh, in the Infirmary."

She instantly looked worried at the mention of Lee. "Yes, of course." She wrote out a small slip then pushed it towards Ian. He picked it up and slid it into his pocket with a small smile.

"Thanks, Evangelique."

"Ian..?" Evangelique said quietly as Ian turned to walk away. "Can you.. Can you come back and tell me if Lee's okay?" She sounded genuinely concerned. Ian paused then nodded. She really did care about Lee. Ian smiled at her then walked back over to Sean.

"C'mon." They headed towards the Infirmary in silence.

-

Mike was stood at the door, looking blankly at the ceiling. Jocko and James had been called back to 2nd period, so he'd been left on his own with Lee. He'd done nothing but ask for Ian. He seemed really regretful about snapping at him, so Mike could do nothing but get him here.

He looked to the side as he heard footsteps coming down the corridor. Ian hurried up to him and Mike just pointed behind him, through the door into the ward. Ian looked through the glass panel of the door then pushed it open quickly. Sean lingered at the door. Mike looked at him. "You can forget Ian thinking of you for a good few weeks. He'll be concentrating on Lee for a bit. That's something I've noticed about Ian. He's always trying to make at least one person happy. It's like his mind can't deal with making more than one person happy at a time."

Sean frowned at Mike. What he was saying made perfect sense, but Sean refused to believe it.

"Lee." Ian hushed, pulling up a chair beside Lee's bed.

"I-Ian?" He opened one eye, turning his head to the side slightly to look at the darker haired male by his bedside. "I-Ian!" He exclaimed, sitting up quickly. "I am s-so, so sorry." His voice shook slightly. "I didn't m-mean it, it's just.. The v-voices, they were getting to me, and I s-snapped. I'm sor-"

"Lee, stop." Ian said, cutting Lee off half way through his rushed apology. "I understand."

Sean stood back from Ian and Lee, watching as they talked. Maybe Mike was right. Ian would be concentrating on Lee more now, at least for a bit. He felt a little let down. He thought when he'd run after Ian, and when they'd kissed, that Ian would finally understand Sean's feelings for him. Guess not.

Sean couldn't take Ian and Lee's laughing at something any longer. He span around and walked out of the room, pushing past Mike. He walked away from the Infirmary and didn't look back, knowing that if he did, he'd regret walking out without a word.
♠ ♠ ♠
In-case you were tryna work things out, it's school/college w/e at 10:30, first lesson at 10:45, break at 11:45, second lesson at 12, lunch at 1 and third lesson at 2, school ending at 3. That cool? Yah.

Sorry it's so short and shit, I needed to get this chapter out of the way to make way for the next few big ones, which should be 20x better.

Comments are loved c: