Status: It's baaack!

Dirty Little Secret

thirteen

A week went by and Zack and I had been hiding our secret relationship pretty well. Zack didn’t want to come out of the closet, but that was fine with me. I understood why he didn’t want to tell anyone. He had seen me get teased for being gay for years now and we both knew it would probably be ten times worse for him. Plus, my friends would hate me if they knew I was dating him. So it was our little secret. We didn’t interact much at school because that would get suspicious. I had been over to his house once this week to hang out, but that was it. We had both been busy with school because it had been our last week before winter break.

Today was Saturday, and it was also the day after Rian’s 18th birthday. Alex’s birthday had been on Monday, so we were celebrating both birthdays today. They had wanted to have a party but their parents had refused to let them have one, knowing it would end up out of control. So instead, Alex, Rian, Evan, Grieco, and I had gone out to see a movie together. Right now we were headed back to Alex’s house to play video games for the rest of the night.

“I think we need to stop and get some supplies first,” Alex said, pulling into a gas station.

“What, gas?” I asked, rolling my eyes.

Alex shook his head, parking the car, “Food!”

“Our parents gave us money for the movie and we have some left over, meaning we can get plenty of food for the night,” Rian told us with a grin.

“Rian, you get the chips. Evan and Grieco, you get the sugary food. Jack and I will get the drinks,” Alex ordered. Everyone headed inside and scattered into different directions.

“We’re all going to be so fat after tonight,” I laughed, walking over to the refrigerated section with Alex.

He shrugged, “Who cares? It’s winter break – everyone gets fat over winter break.”

“True,” I agreed, opening up one of the doors to pull out a case of energy drinks. “One of these should be enough, right?”

“Yeah, that’ll be fine,” Alex said, starting to walk toward the register. We waited for Rian, Evan, and Grieco to come back with the food, and they didn’t disappoint. They had a whole bunch of snacks that would be gone by the end of the night. We paid for the food and headed back to the car, and Alex drove down the street to his house.

“Are your parents even home?” Evan asked, grabbing one of the food bags and following Alex to the door.

Alex grinned, unlocking it, “Nope. Which means we can be as loud as we want.”

All of us cheered and headed inside, immediately setting stuff up for the video games. Alex pulled out the controllers and games, and Rian and Evan set out all the snacks on the coffee table.

We spent a few hours playing video games, anywhere from Call of Duty to Guitar Hero to Mario Kart. Right now we were playing Mario Kart together. I was really into the race and almost didn’t notice that my phone was buzzing beside me. I glanced down at it and did a double take, seeing that Zack was calling me. Fuck!

I shoved the phone under my leg so no one would see it, continuing to play the game. As soon as the race was over, I handed the controller to Grieco, who had been sitting out the race because there were only four controllers. “Here, Grieco. You can play.”

“Sweet!” Grieco said, joining the others as they chose their characters for the next race. I picked up my phone and saw that Zack was calling me again. I rejected the call and went to text him instead.

From: Jack
Hey I’m at the party, don’t call me.


I got a response back within a minute, an apology from Zack.

From: Zack
Oh shit, I forgot about that, sorry!

From: Jack
It’s okay. What’s up?

From: Zack
I was just wondering if you wanted to hang out tonight, but obviously you can’t.

From: Jack
Dammit. I would if I could. Tomorrow?

From: Zack
Sure ;)


I blushed at the wink Zack had sent me, unsure if that was on purpose or by accident. Before I could waste time thinking it over, Rian spoke up loudly, “Hey, who’s Jack texting?”

“No one,” I squeaked, shoving my phone into my pocket.

“It’s someone! I saw the look on your face!” Rian grinned, and I shook my head quickly.

“You’re crazy,” I protested.

“Get him!” Alex yelled, and everyone lunged toward me. I screamed and ran away, jumping over the back of the couch to get away quicker. I ran straight to the bathroom, all of the others chasing me. I slammed the door shut and managed to lock it just as they tried to open it. I could hear them all banging on the door.

“Ha!” I yelled triumphantly.

“Come on, Jack! Open up! We wanna know who your little crush is!” Evan called out.

Alex laughed, “Yeah, come on! This door won’t hold up forever!”

I ignored them and leaned against the door, quickly pulling my phone out to text Zack.

From: Jack
Gotta go. They saw me texting. Don’t text back until I text you. ttyl.


I immediately deleted all of my messages with Zack, leaving only texts from my mom and my friends. After a few minutes I noticed that my friends weren’t yelling or banging on the door anymore. I unlocked the door and peeked my head out. A second later, everyone jumped at me and I shrieked as I was tackled to the floor. Rian sat on my stomach to hold me down while Alex tried to wrestle the phone away from me.

“No! That’s mine! Rape! Help me!” I yelled, Evan and Grieco laughing in amusement. Alex managed to get the phone away from me and grinned in triumph. Evan snatched it away from Alex and opened the phone to go through my messages. He frowned.

“He was just texting his mom! Loser,” Evan said with a laugh, shaking his head at me and throwing the phone onto my chest.

“I told you it wasn’t a guy,” I scoffed, pushing Rian off me.

“Whatever. Come on, let’s get back to playing video games,” Rian said with a laugh, grabbing me by the hand to pull me up.
♠ ♠ ♠
Well that was a close one.

The next one may or may not have some smut in the end... I'll update again in a few days, by Sunday night at the latest. I start school Monday so updates might get slower after that.

I wrote another little Flykarth one-shot called Mickey if you want to go check that out. :)

Thanks to:
kew_atl
BeautifullyTattooed
f0reverbr0ken
alleson
JustThinking
LaRawra!
Draven;
sylarisahero
kissmeslowly.
Cellophane Soldier
BarakittyLover
BYEANDATL
SimpleAsMaya
CobraCommanderBro
heart-of-rock
MoMo_92

for their comments! :)