Status: Continuing

And Your Bird Can Sing

"Sounds Like A Date"

You had now been up for two hours just walking around your apartment. You knew Caddy wouldn't be performin' at The Cavern 'till noon and that was still an hour away. You didn't want to seem like a stalker by showing up at her house and asking her out to breakfast, you just met the bird for heaven's sake! So you stayed at home. Maybe tomorrow. Yeah you'll ask her to breakfast tomorrow. That wasn't too rash, right? No, you decide, that would be ok.
That kiss last night was so good. She had tasted like peppermints and she was so,... soft. Her hair, her skin,.... her lips. You couldn't get them off your mind. You only thought the kiss would be a simple smooch but when you kissed her, you couldn't help yourself. It was like your lips took over all of your control. You knew if you kissed her again, it would feel the same. Your stomach tighten just thinking about it.
11:15.
"Oh bloody hell!" you shout to no one.
Time was going so slowly you decided to head out and go to the same cafe you went to yesterday. They had good pie. Plus it was close to The Cavern.
You walk in the doors of the cafe and see the face of the waitress that was there yesterday. She had a soft face with soft features. She looked to be in her sixties.
"What'll it be sweetheart?" she said.
"Could I have a slice of pie, please? And some tea?"
"Sure, sweetie." She said, walking through the doors you supposed led to the kitchen. You set your head down on your now crossed arms. You weren't tired, you just needed darkness to think right now. You hear a clink next to your right ear. You look up as she is setting down your tea.
"Ta." you say lamely.
She just smiles.
You gulf down the pie being hit by this sudden hunger. You were a guy, this happened a lot. You drink your tea in record time. Looking at your watch you see it's 11: 45. You put some bills down and head for the door.
The Cavern was just minutes away but it seemed to take you hours to get there. You couldn't wait to see her again. Caddy. With her purple eyes. She had a beautiful voice as well. It didn't hurt that she had a body to match the voice either.
You head in The Cavern and notice that George and Ringo were already there but John was nowhere to be found. Either a hangover or he was with a girl. You didn't feel like asking.
"They'll be on in a few minutes so get us some drinks Mr. Slowpoke." Ringo said.
You grab the drinks quickly and head back just as Caddy grabs the mike. She was wearing a white skirt with a red top and her hair was in a messy but cute bun. She looked good.
"Hey everybody!" she smiled. "The Misleds and I are getting quite bored playing the same old stuff. I mean we know about 150 songs so we're gunna do it like this. You guys give us some requests for songs and if we know it, we'll play it. Sound like a plan?"
People everywhere say yea while other right off the bat start naming songs.
"K, I heard One Track Mind. We know that one so here it goes." She laughed. She broke into the opening lines of One Track Mind by Bobby Lewis. You could get lost in her voice.
After about a half hour the Misleds had played through Don't Be Cruel, Let The Four Winds Blow, Blue Suede Shoes and Great Balls Of Fire.
"See you guys later! Thanks for coming!" She shouts as she heads to the back.
The lunch crowd begins to waiver off and soon it's just you three.
"Well, I'll see you guys later. I got stuff to do." said Ringo.
"Me too." George said.
They both left, but you stayed behind. You were going to ask Caddy to breakfast if it killed you. After about five more minutes she appeared from the door backstage. She's headed towards the door and doesn't see you.
"Caddy." you simply say.
She stops mid-step and turns to you. She looks dumb struck for a split second before smiling and walking towards you.
"Hey there. I thought that was you three. I didn't see John though. Oh, well, not my business. Anyways, what are you still doin' here Paul?" she asked.
"Stayed late to ask if maybe you wanted to go to breakfast with me tomorrow. That is if you want to."
"That would be fantastic. The kids are staying at their Aunt's house for a week and I've yet to go shopping. Would nine be ok for you? I kinda wanted to sleep in for a little bit, y'know?" she giggled.
"Sure, sounds great. How about we go to that cafe down the street. I rather like it there."
"Me, too. Alright sounds like a date. But right now I have to get going. Gunna help my friend move. I'll see ya then." she smiled. She headed towards the door and waves goodbye to you.
You couldn't wait.
------------
Sitting at the same table you've been at for the past two days was for some reason, making you happy. You could just feel you butt making a mold in the seat. You laugh to yourself.
"What's so funny?" said a voice.
You look up to see Caddy taking the seat across from you. She looked beautiful as always. Today she had on a light grey cardigan with a grey shirt on underneath and jeans. Her hair looked soft resting there on her shoulders. A thought of your head there on her shoulders distracted you for a second.
"Oh, nothing, just thinking. How was your night? Did you sleep well?" you say.
"Not really, but better than I have in a while. I had such a weird dream last night." she laughed. She had a soft laugh.
What the hell!! This bird needed to stop being so soft all the damn time! Was she doing it on purpose?!? She might as well be for the effect it was havin' on you!
"I was flying in a bubble and I could see all of Liverpool. It was quite strange."
"Wow that is strange." You laugh.
You two order brekkie and talk about your lives so far. You talk excitedly about the tour and the places you would be going. You two finish and you pay for the meal. You two start walking, you were going to drop her off at her house.
You take her hand as she begins to tell you a joke her brother had told her. She holds your hand back and it feels good in your own. You go back and forth like that, telling each other jokes. Next thing you know you're standing on her front step in a laughing fit with her. Now her laugh isn't soft. It's the kind of laugh that is pure. Not fake, not forced, not plastic. You thought it was like she was laughing from deep inside.
You take her in your arms as she now laughs on your chest. She stops laughing after a minute and says, "Thanks for breakfast. I had fun." She moves her head to look up at you. Her arms are around your waist and yours are pretty much around her whole body, she was that small compared to you.
"You're welcome, love." You lean down and kiss her on the lips. Even though you just ate breakfast with her, her lips still tasted like peppermint. You kiss her longer, wanting more of the deliciousness of her mouth. She opens her mouth and her taste is intensified. You grasp her head in your hands, feeling her soft hair, trying to somehow taste her even better by doing this. You pull back only because you needed to breath sometime. However, you don't stop kissing her. You kiss her cheeks, her jaw, her neck.

So soft.

"Paul," she whispers.
"Hmm?" you mumble.
"Paul, people are staring." she says with a giggle.
You look up and sure enough, there is about five people staring at you two from the sidewalk.
"I guess this is my cue to leave. Not thatI want to but I really must be going. I don't want to get carried away." you say.
"You kind of already did." she said jokingly. You smile and give her one last kiss, but this time you go for the safe zone of her forehead.
You grin at her as you walk down the sidewalk. She smiles back and heads inside.

Your still smiling as you walk into you apartment.